This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is celebrating its sixth birthday with a discount on all flights. Until June 4, 2018, at 8:00pm ET, you can score 30% off all flights to all destinations when you use WOW’s birthday promo code.
The 30% off is valid for base airfare — not taxes and service fees. In order for the discount to be activated, you must travel between August 15 and October 15, 2018. In addition, we’re only seeing the promo code applied to round-trip flights, not those that are one-way.
To book, head to WOW’s website and enter the promo code WOWBDAY, and you’ll see the discounted prices reflected on the results page. Here are some examples of what you can book:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $169 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $176 round-trip:
New York (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $183 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $329 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to London (LGW) for $359 round-trip:
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG’s Brendan Dorsey flew it and when Managing Editor Alberto Riva flew its biz product.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards