This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is celebrating its sixth birthday with a discount on all flights. Until June 4, 2018, at 8:00pm ET, you can score 30% off all flights to all destinations when you use WOW’s birthday promo code.
The 30% off is valid for base airfare — not taxes and service fees. In order for the discount to be activated, you must travel between August 15 and October 15, 2018. In addition, we’re only seeing the promo code applied to round-trip flights, not those that are one-way.
To book, head to WOW’s website and enter the promo code WOWBDAY, and you’ll see the discounted prices reflected on the results page. Here are some examples of what you can book:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $169 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $176 round-trip:
New York (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $183 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $329 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to London (LGW) for $359 round-trip:
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG’s Brendan Dorsey flew it and when Managing Editor Alberto Riva flew its biz product.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees