Is this the world’s most luxurious private jet? Lightly-used Boeing 747-8 for sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We wanted to show you the photographs of the jet. AMAC Aerospace allowed us to use the images here but required us to keep the watermark. We’re sorry but we figured that it was better than nothing
This plane is one of the few 747-8i BBJs (Boeing Business Jets) to ever be built. It underwent a two-year interior design renovation process by AMAC Aerospace before entering service with Qatar’s Amiri Flight in 2015. While technically a division of flag carrier Qatar Airways, Qatar Amiri Flight is responsible for transporting the royal families of Qatar and top government officials.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Qatar Amiri Flight used to operate two 747-8i BBJs, though one was gifted to Turkish President Recep Erdogan in 2015.The plane for sale (with manufacturer serial number 37075) can seat 89 passengers and 14 cabin crew, a far cry from the commercial version of this plane. Korean Air’s 747-8s are configured to seat a total of 368 passengers, for example.
Of course, there’s really no comparing this jet to anything that’s flying commercially. The plane’s main entrance looks more like a luxury hotel lobby than an aircraft.
The master bedroom, located in the nose of the jumbo jet, features a full-sized bed. This area can also be reorganized into a medical configuration, with the master bedroom serving as a patient transport unit.
The upper deck features a large entertainment area, perfect for relaxing mid-flight.
The plane also features a guest bedroom and private office. The bulk of the passenger seating is located on the upper deck and in the back of the plane, with seats arranged in a spacious 2-2-2 layout (2-2 on the upper deck) with ample leg room.
There’s no price given on the listing, and interested buyers are instructed to contact AMAC Aerospace for a quote. This plane is practically brand new having flown just over 1,000 flight hours during the course of 297 flight cycles (a cycle is a takeoff and landing). The list price of a new 747-8i is approximately $420 million, before factoring in the expensive customization that went into this plane.
Even after selling this plane, the Qatari government will still have two more 747-8 BBJs in service, in addition to a handful of A319/320, A330 and A340 aircraft.
If you’re interested in purchasing a 747, this may be one of your last chances. Boeing recently announced that it would be permanently ending production of the storied 747 in about two years when the last 747-8F on order rolls out of its Everett, Washington factory.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Steinberg/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees