Is this the world’s most luxurious private jet? Lightly-used Boeing 747-8 for sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We wanted to show you the photographs of the jet. AMAC Aerospace allowed us to use the images here but required us to keep the watermark. We’re sorry but we figured that it was better than nothing
This plane is one of the few 747-8i BBJs (Boeing Business Jets) to ever be built. It underwent a two-year interior design renovation process by AMAC Aerospace before entering service with Qatar’s Amiri Flight in 2015. While technically a division of flag carrier Qatar Airways, Qatar Amiri Flight is responsible for transporting the royal families of Qatar and top government officials.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Qatar Amiri Flight used to operate two 747-8i BBJs, though one was gifted to Turkish President Recep Erdogan in 2015.The plane for sale (with manufacturer serial number 37075) can seat 89 passengers and 14 cabin crew, a far cry from the commercial version of this plane. Korean Air’s 747-8s are configured to seat a total of 368 passengers, for example.
Of course, there’s really no comparing this jet to anything that’s flying commercially. The plane’s main entrance looks more like a luxury hotel lobby than an aircraft.
The master bedroom, located in the nose of the jumbo jet, features a full-sized bed. This area can also be reorganized into a medical configuration, with the master bedroom serving as a patient transport unit.
The upper deck features a large entertainment area, perfect for relaxing mid-flight.
The plane also features a guest bedroom and private office. The bulk of the passenger seating is located on the upper deck and in the back of the plane, with seats arranged in a spacious 2-2-2 layout (2-2 on the upper deck) with ample leg room.
There’s no price given on the listing, and interested buyers are instructed to contact AMAC Aerospace for a quote. This plane is practically brand new having flown just over 1,000 flight hours during the course of 297 flight cycles (a cycle is a takeoff and landing). The list price of a new 747-8i is approximately $420 million, before factoring in the expensive customization that went into this plane.
Even after selling this plane, the Qatari government will still have two more 747-8 BBJs in service, in addition to a handful of A319/320, A330 and A340 aircraft.
If you’re interested in purchasing a 747, this may be one of your last chances. Boeing recently announced that it would be permanently ending production of the storied 747 in about two years when the last 747-8F on order rolls out of its Everett, Washington factory.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Steinberg/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees