This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On family trips, parents want kids to be happy and entertained and kids want full-throttle fun. Is it possible to combine “sleek contemporary designs” with immersive cartoon character experiences and “Easter egg type surprises for kids”? The folks at Palace Entertainment think so as they have released plans for the world’s first Cartoon Network Hotel.
For those out of the cartoon child-raising years, the Cartoon Network plays host to cartoons that slightly older kids can enjoy such as We Bare Bears and The Powerpuff Girls.
This 165-room new Cartoon Network Hotel is set to open in 2019 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, steps from the castle doors of Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park. The nine-acre hotel doesn’t just plan to offer cartoon character themes and hotel rooms, but also a water play zone, resort-style pool, arcade, a kid’s play area, oversized movie screen, interactive lobby, an outdoor amphitheater, lawn games and more. They didn’t forget parents, though. Just like the Cartoon Network has “Adult Swim” programing for adults in the evenings, the Cartoon Network Hotel has plans for a coffee lounge and wine bar.
Palace Entertainment says it will use “character animation and creative technology” to adapt each stay to the guests’ cartoon character preferences. That sounds very interesting, even if the idea of 24/7 Powerpuff Girls or Grizz, Panda and Ice Bear is initially a bit … overwhelming.
If the Cartoon Network Hotel can indeed pull off the right mixture of kid-friendly technology, sleek design, interactive entertainment, popular cartoon characters and good wine (or coffee), then they may find us as visitors to Central Pennsylvania.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover It Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles. That's $600 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive Free Social Security number alerts— Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No Annual Fee.
- Rates & Fees