World’s Best Job Wants to Pay You $120,000 to Be a Beach Bum for a Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the last day of a much-needed beach vacation, we’ve all had the same thought: “Why can’t this be my job?” Well now, for one lucky person, it can be.
Vidanta — the luxury resort company behind a handful of stunning properties in Mexico — has put out a listing for what it’s calling the “World’s Best Job.” And while the title may sound vague, you probably won’t mind putting it on your resumé when you hear the details.
Basically, the lucky candidate selected for the World’s Best Job (a so-called “pro-vacationist”) will spend a year traipsing across Mexico from one Vidanta resort to the next, sharing his or her experiences on social media.
That means, in addition to lying on the beach, the winner of the World’s Best Job will try all the resort amenities and experiences — whether that means hanging out in a salt halotherapy cabin at Spatium spa in Riviera Maya, improving their golf game at the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf in Puerto Vallarta or trying to set a world fist-pumping record at an all-day and nightclub called OMNIA Los Cabos.
All travel expenses and accommodations will be covered, and you’ll get dining credits at each resort. That’s in addition to the $120,000 salary that comes with the gig — not a bad pay day for the expert traveler on assignment to swim with whale sharks and lounge poolside.
Though no prior experience is required, only a very specific individual will land this dream job.
“The ideal candidate for the World’s Best Job is someone who is a traveler, through and through,” Norma Preciado, Vidanta’s lifestyle and entertainment marketing director, told The Points Guy.
“We’re looking for someone who is curious about the world and passionate about sharing the beauty they find throughout their journeys. They should also be well-versed in using social media to capture their explorations and as a tool for connecting with a wider audience. But most importantly, they should be comfortable and confident in any situation, whether it’s in front of the camera, or pitching an idea for a blog post or ziplining through the Mexican jungle.”
Applications for the job will be accepted through Sunday, Oct. 21, and the chosen candidate will be announced on Nov. 1. And applying is easy: Simply log onto the World’s Best Job website to upload your resumé and key details about yourself, including your social media links.
There’s also an option to post a 60-second video pitching yourself as the perfect candidate (do it.). When asked to share one valuable tip for impressing the company, Preciado said: “Don’t just tell us why we need you and only you for this job — show us. We want to see what makes you, you, so send us a link to a YouTube video where you really showcase your personality, what makes you tick and why you’re the only candidate we need to consider for this position.”
Featured image courtesy of Vidanta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.