World’s Best Job Wants to Pay You $120,000 to Be a Beach Bum for a Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the last day of a much-needed beach vacation, we’ve all had the same thought: “Why can’t this be my job?” Well now, for one lucky person, it can be.
Vidanta — the luxury resort company behind a handful of stunning properties in Mexico — has put out a listing for what it’s calling the “World’s Best Job.” And while the title may sound vague, you probably won’t mind putting it on your resumé when you hear the details.
Basically, the lucky candidate selected for the World’s Best Job (a so-called “pro-vacationist”) will spend a year traipsing across Mexico from one Vidanta resort to the next, sharing his or her experiences on social media.
That means, in addition to lying on the beach, the winner of the World’s Best Job will try all the resort amenities and experiences — whether that means hanging out in a salt halotherapy cabin at Spatium spa in Riviera Maya, improving their golf game at the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf in Puerto Vallarta or trying to set a world fist-pumping record at an all-day and nightclub called OMNIA Los Cabos.
All travel expenses and accommodations will be covered, and you’ll get dining credits at each resort. That’s in addition to the $120,000 salary that comes with the gig — not a bad pay day for the expert traveler on assignment to swim with whale sharks and lounge poolside.
Though no prior experience is required, only a very specific individual will land this dream job.
“The ideal candidate for the World’s Best Job is someone who is a traveler, through and through,” Norma Preciado, Vidanta’s lifestyle and entertainment marketing director, told The Points Guy.
“We’re looking for someone who is curious about the world and passionate about sharing the beauty they find throughout their journeys. They should also be well-versed in using social media to capture their explorations and as a tool for connecting with a wider audience. But most importantly, they should be comfortable and confident in any situation, whether it’s in front of the camera, or pitching an idea for a blog post or ziplining through the Mexican jungle.”
Applications for the job will be accepted through Sunday, Oct. 21, and the chosen candidate will be announced on Nov. 1. And applying is easy: Simply log onto the World’s Best Job website to upload your resumé and key details about yourself, including your social media links.
There’s also an option to post a 60-second video pitching yourself as the perfect candidate (do it.). When asked to share one valuable tip for impressing the company, Preciado said: “Don’t just tell us why we need you and only you for this job — show us. We want to see what makes you, you, so send us a link to a YouTube video where you really showcase your personality, what makes you tick and why you’re the only candidate we need to consider for this position.”
Featured image courtesy of Vidanta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees