Amazing new World of Hyatt promo will offer up to 25.5x points on paid stays and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The World of Hyatt has just announced one of the most lucrative promotions we’ve seen during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. If you’re planning to visit a Hyatt property during the final three months of 2020, you may be able to take home over 25 Hyatt points for every dollar you spend. And the program has announced an extension to a popular, previously-announced offer for redeeming Hyatt points.
There’s a lot to unpack here, so let’s dive in.
First, let’s consider the new “Bonus Journeys” global promotion, which will offer all members 3x points on paid stays at all Hyatt locations worldwide. Additionally, holders of the World of Hyatt Credit Card (along with those who kept the old Hyatt credit card) can earn 4x points at select Hyatt resort properties. This enhanced earning rate will apply to a select group of 160 Hyatt resort properties, 200 SLH properties and a handful of MGM Resort destinations — the exact list will be available once registration is live on Oct. 1, 2020.
In addition, this new promotion includes an offer for bonus elite night credits. For every tier-qualifying night you complete during the promotion dates, you’ll earn a night toward both 2020 and 2021 World of Hyatt elite status. This gives you a head start on earning status for next year.
The promotion starts October 1 and runs for stays with a checkout date through Jan 4, 2021. Registration, once live, will be required by Nov. 30, 2020.
Extension of earlier promotion
In addition to the new offer, the current free nights on sale promotion has been extended to Jan. 4, 2021. All members receive 15% of their redeemed points back, while World of Hyatt credit cardmembers receive 25% of redeemed points back. Moreover, all award stays receive free parking — a perk typically limited to top-tier Globalist travelers. Finally, you can earn triple points on eligible spend for dine-in, takeout tor delivery when not staying the night at participating outlets at Hyatt hotels and resorts.
Registration for the extended promotion is required but is now open at the following links:
Note: Readers have reported getting error messages when registering for this promotion. Hyatt is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
How great is this promotion?
As noted above, this promotion can allow you to earn a massive return on your Hyatt stays — depending on your elite status tier as well as the credit card you use. Doing some quick math, a Globalist who has the World of Hyatt credit card staying at a participating (4x) resort during the promotion period would earn:
- 20x for quadruple points (4 x 5 points/$ base rate)
- 4x for spending on credit card (or 3x for old Hyatt card)
- 1.5x for 30% Globalist bonus off base 5 points/$ earn rate
TOTAL: 25.5x for Globalists
25.5x World of Hyatt points per dollar spent is an astounding number of points to earn on a paid stay. TPG values World of Hyatt points at 1.7 cents each, meaning a Globalist credit card holder would earn 43 cents back in points on each dollar spent on the stay.
While this quadruple earning rate only applies to a handful of participating properties, triple points for all members at all Hyatt locations is a great promotion in and of itself. Even non-elite travelers can take home 15 Hyatt points per dollar spent, a return of over 25% based on TPG’s valuations — and that’s before taking into account any earnings on your credit card.
Finally, adding bonus elite-qualifying nights to jump start your 2021 status and extending the lucrative sale on award nights will make it really hard to stay at another hotel chain for the rest of the year — if (of course) you had hotel stays in your plans.
It’s no secret the hotel industry continues to struggle. With leisure travel wrapping up for the year and business travel not returning, Hyatt has launched a promo that, in my opinion, does enough to draw additional business to their properties. I don’t think I can pass up the chance of earning 25.5x points on a socially-distanced stay at a Hyatt resort to get my family out of the house this fall. In fact, I’ve already begun looking for properties and itineraries — and will be sure to register as soon as it’s available on Oct. 1, 2020.
Featured image courtesy of the Hyatt Regency Clearwater.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees