World of Hyatt extends elite-status benefits for some members in response to coronavirus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World of Hyatt has announced elite-tier status extensions to some members affected by the spread of the coronavirus. Members residing in the Asia-Pacific region will see an automatic extension of their Hyatt elite status from February 2021 to February 2022. Other benefits, such as suite-upgrade awards, club-access awards and free-night awards, have also been extended by a year from Dec. 31, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2021.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
In a press release on Feb. 19, 2020, Amy Weinberg, senior vice president of World of Hyatt, said, “Now more than ever, it’s a priority for us to stay close to our World of Hyatt members, understand how their lives are impacted and help. Extending the expiration of elite-tier status and benefits for our members is one of the ways we can care for our most loyal guests, so they have one less thing to worry about during this incredibly difficult time.”
Those who qualify for this extension should see it reflected automatically in their accounts by March 21, 2020, and will receive information regarding the updates through email, My Hyatt Concierge, and WeChat communications.
Although there has been no similar announcement for members residing outside Asia-Pacific countries affected by the virus, Hyatt has stated that they’re assessing the elite status and membership benefits of those who frequently travel to the region.
To learn more about visiting Asia and the coronavirus, check out our post on traveling and the coronavirus.
Featured photo courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.