Barbie goes traveling: You can visit a real Barbie dream house this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Barbie’s dreamhouse is no longer a dream: This summer you’ll be able to step through the doors to her Malibu home and find out if life in plastic really is fantastic.
A partnership between Mattel and branded live entertainment group Kilburn Live, The World of Barbie is a traveling, immersive experience that will give visitors the chance to see what it would be like to live in Barbie’s very pink home.
Inside, you can lounge in Barbie’s perfectly decorated living room, walk the pink carpet and “try on” some of Barbie’s fashionable personalities by stepping into life-size doll boxes with themes like “Western” and “Fashionista.” Outside, you can lounge on Barbie’s patio and go for a (fake) splash in the (fake) pool.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Not only will you be able to walk through Barbie’s home, but you’ll also have a chance to tour her very pink camper van, explore areas themed to a few of Barbie’s many careers — including newscaster, lab scientist and astronaut — enjoy snacks from a Barbie-themed cafe and visit a museum that chronicles Barbie’s history and evolution.
The photo opportunities are endless, but World of Barbie’s creators are hoping that visitors come away with more than just selfies.
They hope kids will be inspired to dream big like Barbie, the only doll in history who has held down simultaneous careers as a pilot and a rock star and managed to look flawless doing both. Adults who grew up with Barbie can reminisce about the doll they’ve loved since childhood and how she has evolved through the years.
The World of Barbie tour will kick off this summer in Toronto before packing up and hitting the road around the U.S. Stops are planned in New York City, Chicago and Dallas, with more cities still to be announced.
Tickets are not yet on sale, but you can sign up for exclusive access to advance ticket sales and be the first to know when Barbie is moving to your neighborhood on the World of Barbie website.
Featured image courtesy of World of Barbie.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.