China Building World’s Largest Indoor Ski and Snow Resort
Before my first visit to Ski Dubai, I thought an indoor ski resort sounded like a gimmick of mountainous proportions. Snow in the middle of a 115-degree desert, with a (very) expensive “chalet” overlooking the slopes? Nah, I’m not spending any hard-earned money on that. I’ve since visited two more times.
As it turns out, indoor skiing makes a lot of sense when it’s scorching hot outside, and, when done right, it can be quite a bit of fun. So I follow the “indoor ski” scene with perhaps a bit too much enthusiasm, from a 1.2-kilometer run coming soon to the UAE, to the new world’s largest indoor ski and snow complex, which recently broke ground just outside Shanghai.
Wintastar Shanghai‘s Ski & Snow Park will measure nearly one million square feet — 90,000 square meters, to be exact. Ski Dubai, by comparison, is just 22,500 square meters.
According to the developer, the complex will offer “a combination of three ski slopes of varying gradients including a slope of Olympic standard for training; ski runs, and over 25 snow play attractions for non-skiers.” An ice hotel is apparently also in the works, as are four themed hotels and a giant water park. Sounds like quite the all-season destination!
Sadly Wintastar isn’t committing to an opening date, though a project of this magnitude will surely take several years to complete.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees