You Could Win 1 Million Points by Donating to Charity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re at it again!
Today, The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, launched a new Prizeo campaign — and you could win 1 million JetBlue TrueBlue points by donating to the charity group, The Kelly Gang. And no, it’s not a gang.
The Kelly Gang is a New York-based charity organization that has raised more than $900,000 for various causes, including the Bowery Mission, The Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club, and Concern Worldwide.
This year, The Kelly Gang will be raising money for the Cristo Rey New York High School, which offers students from low-income families an affordable, college prep education as well as real-life work experience through a corporate work study program.
To donate to the good cause (and, of course, get a chance to win an array of prizes), a minimum donation of $10 will give you 100 entries.
The more you give, however, the more you can get — a $75 donation earns you 750 entries, a “Thank You” e-card and an exclusive TPG campaign shirt. With a $150 donation, you’ll receive 1,500 entries, the e-card and an exclusive TPG campaign hoodie.
Give $2,500, and you’ll not only qualify for the campaign shirt and 25,000 entries, but you will also receive a 30-minute travel consulting session to talk points and miles strategy with The Points Guy via Skype (while supplies last).
So, what exactly could you win for as little as $10? This time, our grand prize is 1 million JetBlue TrueBlue points — in addition to a trip to New York City for an in-person planning session with The Points Guy himself. Don’t worry about the travel costs: we’ll cover your accommodations and airfare to and from the Big Apple.
After the session, the winner and his or her guest can travel to any JetBlue destinations of their choice in the US, the Caribbean or South America.
According to our most recent valuations, TrueBlue points are worth about 1.3 cents apiece. That means 1 million TrueBlue points are worth approximately $13,000. Another way to look at it? Those points could be turned into as many as a dozen round-trip, transcontinental flights in the airline’s award-winning Mint seats — if you use them wisely. And, if you’re a JetBlue Plus card holder, you can get a 10% rebate on your award tickets, giving you an additional 100,000 TrueBlue points for future flights. JetBlue also regularly offer sales to select destinations, so you could find award flights for as little as 2,000 points each way (read: 500 one-way flights).
Feeling enticed? Well, you can enter to win on Prizeo, here. The sweepstakes close on April 30 and some of the prizes, such as the 30-minute Skype session with Kelly and TPG swag, are only available while supplies last — so act fast! The grand prize winner will be selected in early May.
What would you do with 1 million JetBlue TrueBlue points? Sound off in the comments below, and don’t forget to enter now.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees