The Battle for London: Which Middle East Carrier’s A380 Is Best in Economy?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the success of TPG UK’s four-class review of the same British Airways flight, the team set out on another mission to do another comparative review that would be useful for flyers. Since so many Brits (and Americans) fly the three major Middle East carriers (Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Airways) and their ideal geographical positioning to access Asia, India, Australia, Africa and more from Europe and North America, we figured it’d be logical to review each of the airlines on a flight from their respective hubs — Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha — to London. And the fact that they all operate the superjumbo Airbus A380 on these routes, it made the competition all the more appealing.
Since a lot of the team was already in the Middle East after their BA flight to Abu Dhabi (AUH), it was easy to fan out around the region to catch different airlines home. Since all the flights were in economy and on the same aircraft with the same 3-4-3 configuration, the stakes weren’t as high when deciding who would fly each airline. We settled on the following:
- Emirates A380 economy DXB-LHR: Jean Arnas, Head of Video
- Etihad A380 economy AUH-LHR: Nicky Kelvin, Director of Content
- Qatar A380 economy DOH-LHR: Daniel Ross, Content Producer
Which Middle East giant should get your business? Well, the short answer is that they’re all pretty good — even in coach. Check out the video below, though, to see which one edges out the competition.
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin, Daniel Ross and Jean Arnas / The Points Guy
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees