WestJet announces new Boeing 787 flights for 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Canadian carrier WestJet will take delivery of three new Dreamliners next year, and it will expand its transatlantic schedule as a result.
Starting April 26, 2020, the airline will add daily 787 service between Vancouver (YVR) and London Gatwick (LGW).
According to Diio by Cirium schedule data, WestJet has operated the route seasonally since 2016, using a 767-300ER. Its business class on the 787 has earned high praise from TPG reviews editor Nick Ellis, who gave it a score of 81/100 on a flight from LGW to Calgary (YYC.)
“As we receive our next 787 Dreamliner deliveries, we’re thrilled to offer our business and leisure travelers this same convenient daily flight but on our newest, state-of-the-art aircraft,” Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet’s chief commercial officer said in a statement. “By increasing capacity by over forty per cent between Vancouver and London, Gatwick guests can enjoy a superior travel experience featuring our award-winning service on either side of the Atlantic.”
In addition to the new daily flight, WestJet will deploy the 787 on seasonal, four-times-a-week service between Calgary and Paris, beginning March 12, 2020, and between Calgary and Dublin thrice weekly.
The Dreamliner will also be assigned to daily duty on the Calgary-Toronto route by June, and the Toronto-LGW route beginning Wednesday.
Featured image courtesy of CNW Group/WestJet.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees