WestJet announces new Boeing 787 flights for 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Canadian carrier WestJet will take delivery of three new Dreamliners next year, and it will expand its transatlantic schedule as a result.
Starting April 26, 2020, the airline will add daily 787 service between Vancouver (YVR) and London Gatwick (LGW).
According to Diio by Cirium schedule data, WestJet has operated the route seasonally since 2016, using a 767-300ER. Its business class on the 787 has earned high praise from TPG reviews editor Nick Ellis, who gave it a score of 81/100 on a flight from LGW to Calgary (YYC.)
“As we receive our next 787 Dreamliner deliveries, we’re thrilled to offer our business and leisure travelers this same convenient daily flight but on our newest, state-of-the-art aircraft,” Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet’s chief commercial officer said in a statement. “By increasing capacity by over forty per cent between Vancouver and London, Gatwick guests can enjoy a superior travel experience featuring our award-winning service on either side of the Atlantic.”
In addition to the new daily flight, WestJet will deploy the 787 on seasonal, four-times-a-week service between Calgary and Paris, beginning March 12, 2020, and between Calgary and Dublin thrice weekly.
The Dreamliner will also be assigned to daily duty on the Calgary-Toronto route by June, and the Toronto-LGW route beginning Wednesday.
Featured image courtesy of CNW Group/WestJet.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.