Act at 9 a.m. EST! Westgate Resorts to give 1,500 military families a free Orlando vacation
Westgate Resorts has a tradition of giving military families a free vacation to celebrate its annual Military Weekend in Orlando. Sign-up for the free vacation begins today, Nov. 11, 2019, at 9 a.m. EST on a first come, first served basis. The first 1,500 eligible respondents will receive a three-day, two-night vacation from May 8–10, 2020, at the Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa or the Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa in Kissimmee, Florida. Each reservation can accommodate up to four people.
Winners can request an accessible room but they’re not guaranteed. Each vacation package includes accommodations plus one-day wristbands per person per reservation (up to four people) for the Shipwreck Island Water Park at the Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa. The reservation also includes an invitation to a military resource fair and a private patriotic concert.
Who’s eligible for a free vacation? Westgate invites the following military members to enter its giveaway at 9 a.m. EST today: “active military personnel who have deployed to a combat zone, combat veterans and Gold Star family members who are immediate family members of U.S. Armed Forces members who died during any period of war or hostilities in which the armed forces of the United States were engaged.”
Active military members, spouses and dependents must have a valid military/dependent ID. Veterans and Gold Star Families will need to provide a DD214 or DD1300 form.
Winners need to put down a $100 deposit but it’s refunded at check in. Winners can also pay for additional room nights if they’d like to extend their vacation. A studio goes for $69 per night while a one-bedroom is $79 and a two-bedroom is $139. Upgraded rooms are available at higher prices.
Be sure to get online right at 9 a.m. EST today. If you’re one of the first 1,500 eligible families to enter, you’ll win a vacation.
If you don’t win one of the 1,500 free vacations, check out Westgate’s military discounts. They are available at resorts across the country, including places like Branson, Missouri, Florida’s Cocoa Beach and Daytona Beach; Las Vegas; Park City, Utah; and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, among other destinations.
If you do win an Orlando hotel stay, check out these stories that can help you fly to MCO for less:
- How to save your family money with an annual Delta companion ticket
- How to use the Southwest Companion Pass
- Frontier Airlines’ Kids Fly Free: The definitive guide
- 5 things to love about Spirit Airlines
- Maximizing the Alaska Airlines Visa Companion Fare
Featured image courtesy of Westgate Resorts
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees