Act at 9 a.m. EST! Westgate Resorts to give 1,500 military families a free Orlando vacation
Westgate Resorts has a tradition of giving military families a free vacation to celebrate its annual Military Weekend in Orlando. Sign-up for the free vacation begins today, Nov. 11, 2019, at 9 a.m. EST on a first come, first served basis. The first 1,500 eligible respondents will receive a three-day, two-night vacation from May 8–10, 2020, at the Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa or the Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa in Kissimmee, Florida. Each reservation can accommodate up to four people.
Winners can request an accessible room but they’re not guaranteed. Each vacation package includes accommodations plus one-day wristbands per person per reservation (up to four people) for the Shipwreck Island Water Park at the Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa. The reservation also includes an invitation to a military resource fair and a private patriotic concert.
Who’s eligible for a free vacation? Westgate invites the following military members to enter its giveaway at 9 a.m. EST today: “active military personnel who have deployed to a combat zone, combat veterans and Gold Star family members who are immediate family members of U.S. Armed Forces members who died during any period of war or hostilities in which the armed forces of the United States were engaged.”
Active military members, spouses and dependents must have a valid military/dependent ID. Veterans and Gold Star Families will need to provide a DD214 or DD1300 form.
Winners need to put down a $100 deposit but it’s refunded at check in. Winners can also pay for additional room nights if they’d like to extend their vacation. A studio goes for $69 per night while a one-bedroom is $79 and a two-bedroom is $139. Upgraded rooms are available at higher prices.
Be sure to get online right at 9 a.m. EST today. If you’re one of the first 1,500 eligible families to enter, you’ll win a vacation.
If you don’t win one of the 1,500 free vacations, check out Westgate’s military discounts. They are available at resorts across the country, including places like Branson, Missouri, Florida’s Cocoa Beach and Daytona Beach; Las Vegas; Park City, Utah; and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, among other destinations.
If you do win an Orlando hotel stay, check out these stories that can help you fly to MCO for less:
- How to save your family money with an annual Delta companion ticket
- How to use the Southwest Companion Pass
- Frontier Airlines’ Kids Fly Free: The definitive guide
- 5 things to love about Spirit Airlines
- Maximizing the Alaska Airlines Visa Companion Fare
Featured image courtesy of Westgate Resorts
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.