Weed and Wine Tours Take off in California
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now that California has legalized recreational marijuana sales and consumption, the floodgates have opened to tourists wanting to indulge in some of the sticky green leaf.
While California has been long known for its thriving (underground) cannabis industry, it’s also a mecca for wine growers. Northern California’s Sonoma and Napa counties have nearly 1000 wineries between them — many of them among the best in the world.
A savvy tour company has decided to combine the two vices into one is now offering a Weed and Wine Tour.
Colorado-based Cannibas Tours operates a smoke-friendly party bus that departs from Oakland, California, and drives travelers around to a a winery and two marijuana farms. You’ll have the opportunity to sample varietals of both wine and weed along the way, including marijuana-infused wine.
Tour guides will impart their knowledge of the Bay Area’s weed and wine culture, and weed growers will show you how they cultivate the crop. You’ll get to stop at San Francisco’s scenic Golden Gate Park, too.
The tour runs on select Saturdays, costs $99 per person and lasts four and a half hours. And don’t worry, every tour includes lunch.
Featured image by JASON REDMOND/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees