Weed and Wine Tours Take off in California
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now that California has legalized recreational marijuana sales and consumption, the floodgates have opened to tourists wanting to indulge in some of the sticky green leaf.
While California has been long known for its thriving (underground) cannabis industry, it’s also a mecca for wine growers. Northern California’s Sonoma and Napa counties have nearly 1000 wineries between them — many of them among the best in the world.
A savvy tour company has decided to combine the two vices into one is now offering a Weed and Wine Tour.
Colorado-based Cannibas Tours operates a smoke-friendly party bus that departs from Oakland, California, and drives travelers around to a a winery and two marijuana farms. You’ll have the opportunity to sample varietals of both wine and weed along the way, including marijuana-infused wine.
Tour guides will impart their knowledge of the Bay Area’s weed and wine culture, and weed growers will show you how they cultivate the crop. You’ll get to stop at San Francisco’s scenic Golden Gate Park, too.
The tour runs on select Saturdays, costs $99 per person and lasts four and a half hours. And don’t worry, every tour includes lunch.
Featured image by JASON REDMOND/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.