Waldorf Astoria Cancun accepting reservations as of May 1, 2022
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Those with a stash of Hilton Honors points will soon have a new high-end option to burn them in Mexico.
The highly anticipated Waldorf Astoria Cancun is now accepting reservations from May 1, 2022, onward.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Adjacent to the also-forthcoming and all-inclusive Hilton Cancun (you can book reservations there from Nov. 7, 2021), the Waldorf Astoria represents another expansion for Hilton’s high-end portfolio, which has seen many additions in recent years, including a handful of LXR properties and Waldorf Astoria properties in places like Monarch Beach, California, and Los Cabos, Mexico.
The Waldorf Astoria Cancun is a sprawling property situated on 100 acres of beachfront property. The resort will feature a “signature Waldorf Astoria Spa” as well as five restaurants and bars, a fitness center and more.
While the resort isn’t open yet, so we can’t make a judgment on the caliber of the property, if it looks anything like the renderings, it’s going to be a fantastic resort at which to spend your hard-earned points (or dollars).
Public spaces appear airy and bright, while guest rooms look large, beautifully designed and befit the Waldorf Astoria name.
Rates during the hotel’s first month of operations start from around $600 per night, while award nights can be had from 95,000 Honors points.
If you’re looking to boost your Honors-point balance, consider signing up for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card, which is currently offering a welcome bonus of 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
Or, if you hold the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, this property will be a great candidate for using the free-night certificate that comes as a perk of this card, though current certificates are set to expire on Jan. 3, 2022.
The information for the hilton Aspire Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Cancun isn’t the only area getting new high-end Hilton properties. The chain recently opened the Conrad Punta de Mita near Puerto Vallarta and announced it will open the Conrad Tulum and Hilton Tulum All-Inclusive Resort at the end of 2021 and beginning of 2022, respectively.
Rendering courtesy of the Waldorf Astoria Cancun
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees