Japan’s first W hotel is now open in Osaka
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan has officially gained its first W-branded hotel.
The W Osaka opened its doors on Tuesday to guests amid the ongoing pandemic that has resulted in most international visitors being cut off from the East Asian nation.
When travel to Japan does open up, though, travelers — especially those sitting on Marriott Bonvoy points itching to be used — will be excited to find a brand-new property in Japan’s third-most-populous city.
This brand-new W is in an also-new building situated on the city’s Midosuji Boulevard designed by renowned Osaka native Tadao Ando.
The building’s modern and sleek black exterior contrasts with the hotel’s bright and bold interior design inspired by Osaka’s trademark neon city lights and brought to life by Amsterdam-based studio concrete, which was responsible for the design of both the W London and the W Verbier in Switzerland.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The property has a total of 337 guest rooms and suites, all of which afford stunning views of Osaka’s expansive skyline from floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Guests can also expect rainfall showers and high-end amenities to enhance their stays further. The property’s top suite, the Extreme Wow Penthouse Suite, will be a truly memorable space, with a “Zen-inspired garden” at its entrance along with museum-quality artwork, a chrome soaking tub that’s reminiscent of a Champagne bucket and even an in-suite DJ booth to entertain you and your closest friends.
The W Osaka boasts four restaurants and two bars, including a “bistro-diner” concept helmed by Chef Yusuke Takada; the signature Living Room bar that will feature DJ sets by Yuuki Yoshiyama, known for collaborations with globally known DJs like Armin van Buuren and Tiësto; an omakase-style sushi restaurant and more.
On the hotel’s fourth floor is its state-of-the-art fitness center, complete with a yoga room with stunning views of the city, the property’s Away Spa as well as its indoor pool with a ceiling featuring numerous LED lights to make your swim more like a pool party.
The W Osaka is a Category 6 Marriott Bonvoy property, meaning award nights will cost between 40,000 and 60,000 points apiece depending on the timing of your visit, and making it eligible for the 50,000-point free-night certificates that come with certain premium Marriott cobranded cards like the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card on nights that cost 50,000 points or less.
Cash rates for the property’s first full month of operations range from just over $400 to about $520 per night.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees