What It Was Like Aboard Virgin Atlantic’s Insanely Fun Pride Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots and NYC hosting World Pride, Virgin Atlantic took to the skies on June 28 to celebrate with a Pride-themed trans-Atlantic flight from London to New York and TPG was lucky enough to be invited along.
The flight was decked out to say the least, from live performances to Drag Queen bingo, this was not a flight to catch some shut eye on (nor would you want to). Drag Queen bingo included awesome prizes like economy and upper class tickets to anywhere that Virgin flies. The all-LGBTQ+ crew was accompanied by a star-studded manifest including Courtney Act, Titus Burgess and more. There was even a Stonewall riot veteran, Tree Sequoia, joining in on the fun.
Some of the highlights of the flight included various DJ sets complete with dance parties in the onboard bar. Entertainers and Drag Queens strutted their way down the aisles, getting everyone excited for the festivities to come in the Big Apple. And of course, there was some fruity specialty cocktails included in all the fun.
When passengers arrived to Newark, the high energy continued with a cheerful welcome committee upon disembarking.
The flight was such a success that CEO Sir Richard Branson announced at a mini press conference that he decided on the spot that Virgin would be doing it all again next year.
Contributor Eric Rosen was invited to join the Virgin Atlantic flight experience free of charge on behalf of The Points Guy.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Images by Matt Crossick/PA Wire
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees