What It Was Like Aboard Virgin Atlantic’s Insanely Fun Pride Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots and NYC hosting World Pride, Virgin Atlantic took to the skies on June 28 to celebrate with a Pride-themed trans-Atlantic flight from London to New York and TPG was lucky enough to be invited along.
The flight was decked out to say the least, from live performances to Drag Queen bingo, this was not a flight to catch some shut eye on (nor would you want to). Drag Queen bingo included awesome prizes like economy and upper class tickets to anywhere that Virgin flies. The all-LGBTQ+ crew was accompanied by a star-studded manifest including Courtney Act, Titus Burgess and more. There was even a Stonewall riot veteran, Tree Sequoia, joining in on the fun.
Some of the highlights of the flight included various DJ sets complete with dance parties in the onboard bar. Entertainers and Drag Queens strutted their way down the aisles, getting everyone excited for the festivities to come in the Big Apple. And of course, there was some fruity specialty cocktails included in all the fun.
When passengers arrived to Newark, the high energy continued with a cheerful welcome committee upon disembarking.
The flight was such a success that CEO Sir Richard Branson announced at a mini press conference that he decided on the spot that Virgin would be doing it all again next year.
Contributor Eric Rosen was invited to join the Virgin Atlantic flight experience free of charge on behalf of The Points Guy.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Images by Matt Crossick/PA Wire
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.