Virgin Atlantic Announces First Airbus A350 Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The first route for Virgin Atlantic’s newest aircraft, the Airbus A350-1000, has been announced. Beginning in September, Virgin Atlantic will operate the Airbus A350 between its hub at London-Heathrow (LHR) and New York-JFK. Passengers looking to fly onboard Virgin Atlantic’s Airbus A350, which features the airline’s swanky new Upper Class Suites, can book flights operated by the aircraft effective immediately.
Virgin Atlantic’s Airbus A350-1000 is the airline’s latest aircraft type to join the fleet. Each A350 will feature 335 seats, 44 Upper Class (semi) Suites, 56 premium economy seats, and 235 standard economy class seats. The Airbus A350-1000 will replace the airline’s aging Airbus A340s and Boeing 747s.
The Airbus A350 will also be the first Virgin Atlantic aircraft to feature the airline’s latest Upper Class business class product and updated premium and standard economy class seats. While Virgin Atlantic calls its latest Upper Class seats “suites,” the TPG team found that the new seat falls short of an actual suite. However, the new Upper Class product is a significant improvement over current variations of the seat.
For passengers looking to experience Virgin Atlantic’s newest aircraft, the Airbus A350 will make its debut on flights between London-Heathrow (LHR) and New York-JFK starting September 24. Tickets for the first Airbus A350 flights are on sale now.
|Dates||Route||Departure & Arrival Times|
|September 10 to September 24, 2019||
|Effective September 25||
Booking The First Virgin Atlantic Airbus A350 Flights
The first Airbus A350 flights from New York and London are currently available from $377 round-trip in economy light, Virgin Atlantic’s basic economy fare. At that price, passengers will be guaranteed a carry-on bag and a seat aboard the aircraft. Seat selection and checked luggage are available for an additional fee.
For passengers looking to experience Virgin Atlantic’s updated premium cabins, round-trip fares aboard the first flights start at $1,239 in premium economy and $3,873 in the airline’s new Upper Class Suites.
Award bookings do not appear to be possible at the moment. Neither Delta Air Lines nor Virgin Atlantic’s site lists flights VS153, VS138, or VS137. However, should travelers be willing to forgo the Airbus A350 experience, both airlines are offering relatively inexpensive award flights this fall between New York City and London.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees