Viking Plans the World’s Longest Continuous Cruise: 8 Months and 6 Continents
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Viking Cruises is rolling out the longest-ever continuous world cruise itinerary with its new ‘Ultimate World Cruise‘— an eight-month voyage throughout six continents, 59 countries and 113 ports.
The eight-month world cruise will be aboard the Viking Sun ship and will depart from London in August 2019. The cruise, which accommodates 930 guests, will feature overnight stays in 23 cities as well as excursions in every port. Some of the destinations on the itinerary include Norway, Ireland, Bermuda, Brazil, Argentina, Vietnam, India, Egypt and many more.
For those looking for less time on the high seas, Viking is also offering two new shorter leg voyages. The shorter itineraries include a 127-day sailing from London to Los Angeles that visits 33 countries and a 119-day journey from Los Angeles to London that visits 29 countries. Prices for Viking’s Ultimate World Cruise start $92,990 per person, with the shorter voyages running travelers $45,995 to $47,995 per person.
Included in the price, passengers will receive complimentary shore excursions in each port, free unlimited Wi-Fi, and World Cruise guests will be eligible to receive Business Class airfare with all gratuities and service fees. Cruise-goers who book the full cruise by Dec. 31 will receive a $4,000 credit toward extra-charge shore excursions and land programs as well as a $2,000 on-board credit.
“For more than 20 years we have been offering guests the most culturally immersive journeys available in the industry and we are pleased to announce the most extensive itinerary in our history,” Torstein Hagen, chairman of Viking, said in a statement. “Our World Cruises offer guests the rare opportunity to unpack once and explore dozens of the best destinations on earth – at a value that is unprecedented in the travel industry.”
Featured image by Marjie Lambert/Miami Herald/TNS via Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees