Viking Plans the World’s Longest Continuous Cruise: 8 Months and 6 Continents
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Viking Cruises is rolling out the longest-ever continuous world cruise itinerary with its new ‘Ultimate World Cruise‘— an eight-month voyage throughout six continents, 59 countries and 113 ports.
The eight-month world cruise will be aboard the Viking Sun ship and will depart from London in August 2019. The cruise, which accommodates 930 guests, will feature overnight stays in 23 cities as well as excursions in every port. Some of the destinations on the itinerary include Norway, Ireland, Bermuda, Brazil, Argentina, Vietnam, India, Egypt and many more.
For those looking for less time on the high seas, Viking is also offering two new shorter leg voyages. The shorter itineraries include a 127-day sailing from London to Los Angeles that visits 33 countries and a 119-day journey from Los Angeles to London that visits 29 countries. Prices for Viking’s Ultimate World Cruise start $92,990 per person, with the shorter voyages running travelers $45,995 to $47,995 per person.
Included in the price, passengers will receive complimentary shore excursions in each port, free unlimited Wi-Fi, and World Cruise guests will be eligible to receive Business Class airfare with all gratuities and service fees. Cruise-goers who book the full cruise by Dec. 31 will receive a $4,000 credit toward extra-charge shore excursions and land programs as well as a $2,000 on-board credit.
“For more than 20 years we have been offering guests the most culturally immersive journeys available in the industry and we are pleased to announce the most extensive itinerary in our history,” Torstein Hagen, chairman of Viking, said in a statement. “Our World Cruises offer guests the rare opportunity to unpack once and explore dozens of the best destinations on earth – at a value that is unprecedented in the travel industry.”
Featured image by Marjie Lambert/Miami Herald/TNS via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.