This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Move to Vermont, work remotely and get paid $10,000 over the course of two years. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?
The governor of Vermont, Phil Scott, is making this happen on January 1, 2019, through the Remote Worker Grant. According to the bill signed by Gov. Scott, the first hundred people who relocate in 2019 can use the $10,000 toward relocation, computer software and hardware, broadband access or upgrade, and membership in a co-working or similar space. After the first year, Vermont will take 20 more people under the grant in the subsequent years.
Vermont is known for its breathtaking ski sites, peaceful lakes and tree-covered mountains, which makes it a scenic place to live. However, as its median age is significantly higher than the nation as a whole, the state is looking for more tax payers to live and work there.
On top of the Remote Worker Grant, Vermont is introducing an option for those who work for companies that will allow them to relocate. Every weekend April through October, the “Stay to Stay Weekends” program allows visitors to network and learn about job opportunities in the state. The program has hopes of bringing tourists to move to Vermont after they’ve lost 16,000 workers since 2009.
If Vermont doesn’t quite suit your lifestyle and NYC sounds more your speed, you might want to look at the jobs for which TPG is currently hiring. Although we won’t give you $10,000 on top of your salary, we do have dogs in the office and a fun work environment.
Featured image by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees