Vermont Wants You to Live There — And Will Pay You $10K to Move
Move to Vermont, work remotely and get paid $10,000 over the course of two years. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?
The governor of Vermont, Phil Scott, is making this happen on January 1, 2019, through the Remote Worker Grant. According to the bill signed by Gov. Scott, the first hundred people who relocate in 2019 can use the $10,000 toward relocation, computer software and hardware, broadband access or upgrade, and membership in a co-working or similar space. After the first year, Vermont will take 20 more people under the grant in the subsequent years.
Vermont is known for its breathtaking ski sites, peaceful lakes and tree-covered mountains, which makes it a scenic place to live. However, as its median age is significantly higher than the nation as a whole, the state is looking for more tax payers to live and work there.
On top of the Remote Worker Grant, Vermont is introducing an option for those who work for companies that will allow them to relocate. Every weekend April through October, the “Stay to Stay Weekends” program allows visitors to network and learn about job opportunities in the state. The program has hopes of bringing tourists to move to Vermont after they’ve lost 16,000 workers since 2009.
If Vermont doesn’t quite suit your lifestyle and NYC sounds more your speed, you might want to look at the jobs for which TPG is currently hiring. Although we won’t give you $10,000 on top of your salary, we do have dogs in the office and a fun work environment.
Featured image by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees