Vermont Wants You to Live There — And Will Pay You $10K to Move
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Move to Vermont, work remotely and get paid $10,000 over the course of two years. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?
The governor of Vermont, Phil Scott, is making this happen on January 1, 2019, through the Remote Worker Grant. According to the bill signed by Gov. Scott, the first hundred people who relocate in 2019 can use the $10,000 toward relocation, computer software and hardware, broadband access or upgrade, and membership in a co-working or similar space. After the first year, Vermont will take 20 more people under the grant in the subsequent years.
Vermont is known for its breathtaking ski sites, peaceful lakes and tree-covered mountains, which makes it a scenic place to live. However, as its median age is significantly higher than the nation as a whole, the state is looking for more tax payers to live and work there.
On top of the Remote Worker Grant, Vermont is introducing an option for those who work for companies that will allow them to relocate. Every weekend April through October, the “Stay to Stay Weekends” program allows visitors to network and learn about job opportunities in the state. The program has hopes of bringing tourists to move to Vermont after they’ve lost 16,000 workers since 2009.
If Vermont doesn’t quite suit your lifestyle and NYC sounds more your speed, you might want to look at the jobs for which TPG is currently hiring. Although we won’t give you $10,000 on top of your salary, we do have dogs in the office and a fun work environment.
Featured image by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.