This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Move to Vermont, work remotely and get paid $10,000 over the course of two years. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?
The governor of Vermont, Phil Scott, is making this happen on January 1, 2019, through the Remote Worker Grant. According to the bill signed by Gov. Scott, the first hundred people who relocate in 2019 can use the $10,000 toward relocation, computer software and hardware, broadband access or upgrade, and membership in a co-working or similar space. After the first year, Vermont will take 20 more people under the grant in the subsequent years.
Vermont is known for its breathtaking ski sites, peaceful lakes and tree-covered mountains, which makes it a scenic place to live. However, as its median age is significantly higher than the nation as a whole, the state is looking for more tax payers to live and work there.
On top of the Remote Worker Grant, Vermont is introducing an option for those who work for companies that will allow them to relocate. Every weekend April through October, the “Stay to Stay Weekends” program allows visitors to network and learn about job opportunities in the state. The program has hopes of bringing tourists to move to Vermont after they’ve lost 16,000 workers since 2009.
If Vermont doesn’t quite suit your lifestyle and NYC sounds more your speed, you might want to look at the jobs for which TPG is currently hiring. Although we won’t give you $10,000 on top of your salary, we do have dogs in the office and a fun work environment.
Featured image by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that