This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Our team here at The Points Guy is growing, and we’re looking to add a few enthusiastic new hires to several departments in our office in New York City.
If you are interested in joining the TPG team, check out the postings below and submit an application via our job board.
First, here are some details about working at TPG and our parent company, Red Ventures:
Why work at TPG?
- You’re looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- You value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- You’re excited to have flexible PTO, free lunches, office dogs galore, and tons of unreal travel perks (we’ll even pay the annual fees on your credit cards!)
- You want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
About The Points Guy:
The Points Guy helps its 6 million monthly readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned by privately held performance marketing company Red Ventures, TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, New York, London and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Job Opportunities at TPG
FRONT END / WORDPRESS DEVELOPER
New York, NY
As a Front End WordPress Developer at The Points Guy, you’ll work closely with other Front End Developers to engineer solutions for a large existing WordPress codebase. You should be familiar with agile methodologies, Git and have a thorough understanding of testing methodologies. You should be able to translate designs into pixel-perfect, responsive front-end templates. You thrive on the challenge of squashing obscure bugs in a legacy codebase.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of WordPress, as well as its strengths and weaknesses. You have built your own themes and plugins before and possibly even contributed to the WordPress core or other open source software. You stay current with modern technology and are engaged in the tech community.
- Intimate understanding of the WordPress core, loops, filters, API, caching mechanism and various internal functions
- Familiarity with Git, Webpack/NodeJS/NPM, Vagrant, ReactJS
- A keen eye for design
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough in all QA testing
- Strong organization and documentation skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff
- Ability to juggle multiple internal projects and estimate for internal deadlines
New York, NY
The Points Guy team is seeking a talented Data Analyst to join the team!
What are we looking for?
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- An understanding of profitability analysis
- Willingness to work hard and drive business initiatives forward
- Ability to execute on business strategies with flawless execution
- Ability to prioritize projects and initiatives
- A team player willing to work with multiple stakeholders to drive projects through to completion
- High level of attention to detail
Preferred skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytically oriented discipline (e.g., business, economics, statistics, math, finance), preferred minimum 3.2 GPA
- Prior experience with SQL, Google Analytics or Adwords a plus
- Ability to evaluate large data sets and make meaningful decisions
- Track record of academic success as well as success in prior business role(s)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide value and scale
- Strong understanding of the entire Microsoft Office Suite of products
New York, NY
The Points Guy team is looking for a talented Web Designer with UI experience. The ideal candidate has a keen visual eye and possesses advanced design and brand development expertise. In this role, you must have strong communication and presentation skills to work within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. As a member of our creative team, you’ll participate in all aspects of the creative process including initial conception. As a Web Designer, you will collaborate with marketing analysts, developers and content strategists to design intuitive digital user experiences across mobile Web sites, applications, platforms, and products.
Along the way, you’ll have access to real-time consumer data and user analysis. You’ll be challenged to push the envelope in understanding how people use their devices and approach online experiences. You’ll experiment with and be pushed to adapt to new design technologies and tools.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual digital designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the design process end-to-end, from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Stay abreast of UI and UX trends and continuously look for creative ideas and inspiration
- Decipher user experience problems into actionable items to solve business problems.
Successful candidates are:
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch
- Possess a thorough understanding of design principles and layout strategy
- Passion for your craft, with an appetite to continue to challenge yourself and those around you
- A team player with a positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, and using modern front-end libraries/frameworks
Sound like something your style?
Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wire-frames, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR
The Points Guy is looking for a talented Social Media Editor to join their growing social team. The ideal candidate has a strong background in social media and community management and experience working for a major media outlet. In this role you will support the social team’s efforts to grow TPG’s audience across all social platforms, including Pinterest and LinkedIn. You will work closely with the editorial and video teams to help grow and evolve the brand’s social presence, and must be able to use data and analytics to develop overall strategy. This job is based in New York City and will report to the Social Media Director.
What are we looking for?
- 3-5 years experience in social media for a consumer brand
- A strong understanding of all mainstream and secondary social media platforms
- Proven track record of managing and growing social media platforms for major media outlets
- Experience in the lifestyle and/or travel space as well as a basic understanding of rewards travel/points and miles.
- Experience with social scheduling software and analytics
- Understanding of social-friendly content and packaging
- Ability to brainstorm, draft and implement strategies that will grow social media KPIs
- Ability to balance a creative and analytical approach
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills
- Experience in a fast-paced newsroom
- Ability to design and create social assets a plus
Day-to-day roles and responsibilities:
- Grow audience, referrals and engagement across multiple social media channels, including Pinterest
- Write smart, conversational and entertaining social copy that reflects TPG’s unique voice.
- Handle daily posting and community management across multiple platforms including Pinterest and Twitter
- Work with editorial and video teams to identify social-friendly content and trending topics
- Use analytics and data to inform overall strategy and develop weekly reports of owned social platforms
- Assist in creation of social assets
- Innovate new content and social strategies to broaden the brand’s reach
- Stay up to date on social media trends and emerging technologies
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 6 million monthly readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
As Editorial Director for The Points Guy, you will be responsible for running the newsroom, assigning, writing and editing news, columns and feature articles covering credit cards, airlines, hotels, loyalty programs, personal finance trends and general travel. We need someone who can identify timely topics and develop stories with original, on-brand angles–quickly (often same-day). The position also requires strong social media savvy to promote articles, smart writer contacts, and excellent judgment. Some travel required. You’ll report directly to the SVP of Content. Yes, you must be based in New York.
About the Role:
- Identify points and miles-related stories and assigns or writes articles quickly — often within hours
- Manage a team of writers, freelance writers, editors and photographers
- Source photos, crop as needed, and add to WordPress (our CMS)
- Fact check all stories before publishing
- Develop social media promotional copy for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Liaise with PR agencies and press contacts as needed
- Attend editorial meetings and industry events
- Converse with team over Slack 24/7
- Measure and report traffic
- 3-5+ years experience as a full-time writer and editor (at least 3 years editing experience is required)
- Expert knowledge of travel/points/frequent-flyer programs/credit cards (a must)
- Ability to write, self-edit and publish a ~300-word news post in 30 minutes
- Superb attention to detail, even under deadline
- Familiarity with Adobe Omniture & Google Analytics (and/or Parse.ly)
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Familiarity with social media best practices (Facebook and Twitter)
- MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop
- Sense of humor
- Love of travel
- Video savvy is a plus.
SENIOR WRITER (SMALL BUSINESS)
As Senior Writer, Small Business, for The Points Guy, you will be responsible for pitching, reporting on and writing news articles, columns, reviews and feature stories covering credit cards, loyalty programs, travel and aviation as they relate to the small business owner. The right candidate is able to identify timely topics and develop engaging stories with original, on-brand angles, with a quick (often same-day) turnaround. If number crunching and “doing the math” sounds like fun to you, this is your kind of position. The position requires strong social media savvy to promote articles and excellent news judgment. Some travel required.
- Identify points and miles and credit card-related stories relevant to small business owners, and pitch and write articles quickly — often within hours
- Help TPG’s Points and Miles vertical editors build and manage a small business section on our editorial calendar
- Work directly with TPG founder Brian Kelly in developing credit card and travel tips, strategies and other service journalism editorial for the small business owner
- Develop new ways to explain points and miles points to new small business owners
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time writer or editor covering small business management and/or entrepreneurship
- Expert knowledge of travel/points/frequent-flyer programs/business credit cards a must
- Superb attention to detail, even under deadline
- Passion for travel using points and miles that will translate to fun, engaging editorial
- Strong sense of urgency around news, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Experience telling stories with infographics, video and interactive tools a big plus
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees