This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This holiday season has been all about unexpected gifts: The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders have been receiving holiday gifts after visiting a Centurion lounge and JetBlue’s been doling out free tickets to get family members back home.
Now, those with United Premier Status are eligible for a special offer if traveling through one of United’s largest hubs: Newark Airport (EWR). As a thank you for their loyalty, United Premier Silvers, Premier Golds, Premier Platinums and Premier 1Ks will receive a $30 dining credit to use at one of the airport’s many restaurants.
This is a nice surprise given the frustrating state of United’s lounges at Newark — United loyalists will be able to fill up on a real meal instead of finger foods at one of the crowded United Clubs.
Specifically, the credit is available to use in Newark’s Terminal C (where United flies out of) at any restaurant with an iPad ordering system, which includes the following:
- Abruzzo Italian Steakhouse
- Caps Beer Garden
- CBGB L.A.B.
- Flora Café
- Happy Clam
- Little Purse
- Melange Bakery Cafe
- Nonna’s Meatball Café
- Oeno Wine Bar
- Proof Whiskey Bar
- Wanderlust Burger Bar
While the list doesn’t include Classified, United’s secret restaurant which has an iPad ordering system, we asked United and they said the promotion would work there as well!
United told TPG that the offer actually began on December 19 and will run until January 3, 2019. To take advantage, United Premier members will have to scan their boarding pass and then they’ll receive a pop-up notifying them of the one-time discount, which can be used toward the entire order including food, drinks, tax and tip.
Remember that you can also save 20% on your bill at eligible Newark Airport restaurants if you hold a United Explorer Card . However, the $30 credit and the 20% discount are not able to be combined.
All images by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards