United Elites Eligible for $30 Dining Credit at Newark
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This holiday season has been all about unexpected gifts: The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders have been receiving holiday gifts after visiting a Centurion lounge and JetBlue’s been doling out free tickets to get family members back home.
Now, those with United Premier Status are eligible for a special offer if traveling through one of United’s largest hubs: Newark Airport (EWR). As a thank you for their loyalty, United Premier Silvers, Premier Golds, Premier Platinums and Premier 1Ks will receive a $30 dining credit to use at one of the airport’s many restaurants.
This is a nice surprise given the frustrating state of United’s lounges at Newark — United loyalists will be able to fill up on a real meal instead of finger foods at one of the crowded United Clubs.
Specifically, the credit is available to use in Newark’s Terminal C (where United flies out of) at any restaurant with an iPad ordering system, which includes the following:
- Abruzzo Italian Steakhouse
- Caps Beer Garden
- CBGB L.A.B.
- Flora Café
- Happy Clam
- Little Purse
- Melange Bakery Cafe
- Nonna’s Meatball Café
- Oeno Wine Bar
- Proof Whiskey Bar
- Wanderlust Burger Bar
While the list doesn’t include Classified, United’s secret restaurant which has an iPad ordering system, we asked United and they said the promotion would work there as well!
United told TPG that the offer actually began on December 19 and will run until January 3, 2019. To take advantage, United Premier members will have to scan their boarding pass and then they’ll receive a pop-up notifying them of the one-time discount, which can be used toward the entire order including food, drinks, tax and tip.
Remember that you can also save 20% on your bill at eligible Newark Airport restaurants if you hold a United Explorer Card . However, the $30 credit and the 20% discount are not able to be combined.
All images by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee