This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a sad day for Stroopwafel fans — at least those traveling in United economy on domestic flights departing before 9:45am.
The “Stroop,” as it’s been affectionately coined at TPG headquarters, first began making its way to United Airlines coach passengers in 2016. As of this weekend, the carrier’s replacing the beloved breakfast treat with maple wafers from the Byrd Cookie Company.
As described by the airline, the replacement treat “combines a crunchy texture with a sweet maple flavor.” United continues by explaining that “many [are] heralding [maple syrup] as the ‘next pumpkin spice.'”
I don’t want the “next pumpkin spice”… I want my Stroop!
United’s going all-in with its new breakfast treat, though, even offering a tour of the factory through MileagePlus Exclusives.
Bidding is currently up to 50,000 miles, and there are two packages available. Winners will receive:
- Round-trip United economy flights to Savannah, GA (SAV)
- Two nights at the Perry Lane Hotel
- Byrd’s tour for two, including wine and snacks
- Economy-size rental car allowance
You’ll have until 1:00pm ET on July 31 to place your bid.
Oh, and a bit of good news on the Stroop front — they’re expected to return to United at some point in the future, and, for now, you’ll continue to enjoy them on flights departing Europe before 9:30am.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards