United Details Menu, Service Ahead of Premium Plus Launch
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Saturday marks the launch of another chapter in United’s long-haul service strategy, with the official introduction of Premium Plus.
The carrier’s first true premium-economy product offers passengers far more comfort than traditional economy, with a seat that’s similar to what you’ll find in domestic first class, but with a leg rest, a large seat-back entertainment system and improved amenities, such as a Saks Fifth Avenue pillow and blanket.
Now, United’s providing our first glimpse into the food and beverage improvements as well, in the form of an email to in-flight crew members. The airline also shared a couple of menus with TPG, including a list of all food and beverage options for two long-haul Premium Plus flights.
First, here’s the menu for Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (NRT):
And here’s the food menu for Newark to Tel Aviv (TLV):
All flights will include these beverage options:
Along with the following alcoholic drinks:
United also provided some instructions to flight attendants, along with tips from crew members who participated in a test flight. Some notable details include:
- Menus (like the one above) will be placed at each seat
- Pre-departure water may be served in a blue cup, time permitting
- Almonds will be served alongside a choice of beverage after takeoff
- The main meal will include a choice of two entrees, plus a salad, bread, ice cream and a cookie
- Beer, wine (187ml bottles — about two glasses) and spirits will be available free of charge
- Entrees and salads may arrive with a lid (it may not be removed, as it is in business class)
- Meal orders will not be prioritized based on status
- A customer may choose a standard economy meal instead, if they prefer
- The pre-arrival meal will include a choice of two entrees as well, plus various side dishes, a biscotti and croissant
Some flight attendants got a first look at the tray setup as well, reflected in this image a crew member provided to TPG.
Premium Plus service will launch on the routes below this Saturday, March 30. Additional routes will follow over the next couple of months, including a second batch on April 29 and a third on May 22, as we’ve detailed in this post.
|UA 999||Newark (EWR)||6:30pm||Brussels (BRU)||7:45am|
|UA 960||Newark (EWR)||7:40pm||Frankfurt (FRA)||9:10am|
|UA 179||Newark (EWR)||3:15pm||Hong Kong (HKG)||7:10pm|
|UA 48||Newark (EWR)||8:10pm||Mumbai (BOM)||8:50pm|
|UA 57||Newark (EWR)||6:30pm||Paris (CDG)||7:45am|
|UA 84||Newark (EWR)||4:55pm||Tel Aviv (TLV)||10:15am|
|UA 90||Newark (EWR)||10:50pm||Tel Aviv (TLV)||4:20pm|
|UA 79||Newark (EWR)||11:05am||Tokyo (NRT)||1:55pm|
|UA 917||San Francisco (SFO)||11:10pm||Auckland (AKL)||8:20am|
|UA 888||San Francisco (SFO)||10:55am||Beijing (PEK)||2:20pm|
|UA 58||San Francisco (SFO)||1:50pm||Frankfurt (FRA)||9:55am|
|UA 926||San Francisco (SFO)||7:15pm||Frankfurt (FRA)||3:15pm|
|UA 869||San Francisco (SFO)||1:00pm||Hong Kong (HKG)||6:45pm|
|UA 871||San Francisco (SFO)||2:00pm||Taipei (TPE)||6:45pm|
|UA 954||San Francisco (SFO)||7:45pm||Tel Aviv (TLV)||7:55pm|
|UA 837||San Francisco (SFO)||11:30am||Tokyo (NRT)||2:35pm|
|UA 950||Washington, D.C. (IAD)||5:40pm||Brussels (BRU)||7:15am|
Note that some United flights may offer the new Premium Plus seats without the full service. On these flights, customers will be able to select a seat in the premium-economy cabin for the price of Economy Plus — in which case they’ll also be available free of charge to elites.
Featured image of United Premium Plus on the 787-10 by Zach Honig/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.