United Details Menu, Service Ahead of Premium Plus Launch
This Saturday marks the launch of another chapter in United's long-haul service strategy, with the official introduction of Premium Plus.
The carrier's first true premium-economy product offers passengers far more comfort than traditional economy, with a seat that's similar to what you'll find in domestic first class, but with a leg rest, a large seat-back entertainment system and improved amenities, such as a Saks Fifth Avenue pillow and blanket.
Now, United's providing our first glimpse into the food and beverage improvements as well, in the form of an email to in-flight crew members. The airline also shared a couple of menus with TPG, including a list of all food and beverage options for two long-haul Premium Plus flights.
First, here's the menu for Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (NRT):
And here's the food menu for Newark to Tel Aviv (TLV):
All flights will include these beverage options:
Along with the following alcoholic drinks:
United also provided some instructions to flight attendants, along with tips from crew members who participated in a test flight. Some notable details include:
- Menus (like the one above) will be placed at each seat
- Pre-departure water may be served in a blue cup, time permitting
- Almonds will be served alongside a choice of beverage after takeoff
- The main meal will include a choice of two entrees, plus a salad, bread, ice cream and a cookie
- Beer, wine (187ml bottles — about two glasses) and spirits will be available free of charge
- Entrees and salads may arrive with a lid (it may not be removed, as it is in business class)
- Meal orders will not be prioritized based on status
- A customer may choose a standard economy meal instead, if they prefer
- The pre-arrival meal will include a choice of two entrees as well, plus various side dishes, a biscotti and croissant
Some flight attendants got a first look at the tray setup as well, reflected in this image a crew member provided to TPG.
Premium Plus service will launch on the routes below this Saturday, March 30. Additional routes will follow over the next couple of months, including a second batch on April 29 and a third on May 22, as we've detailed in this post.
|UA 999||Newark (EWR)||6:30pm||Brussels (BRU)||7:45am|
|UA 960||Newark (EWR)||7:40pm||Frankfurt (FRA)||9:10am|
|UA 179||Newark (EWR)||3:15pm||Hong Kong (HKG)||7:10pm|
|UA 48||Newark (EWR)||8:10pm||Mumbai (BOM)||8:50pm|
|UA 57||Newark (EWR)||6:30pm||Paris (CDG)||7:45am|
|UA 84||Newark (EWR)||4:55pm||Tel Aviv (TLV)||10:15am|
|UA 90||Newark (EWR)||10:50pm||Tel Aviv (TLV)||4:20pm|
|UA 79||Newark (EWR)||11:05am||Tokyo (NRT)||1:55pm|
|UA 917||San Francisco (SFO)||11:10pm||Auckland (AKL)||8:20am|
|UA 888||San Francisco (SFO)||10:55am||Beijing (PEK)||2:20pm|
|UA 58||San Francisco (SFO)||1:50pm||Frankfurt (FRA)||9:55am|
|UA 926||San Francisco (SFO)||7:15pm||Frankfurt (FRA)||3:15pm|
|UA 869||San Francisco (SFO)||1:00pm||Hong Kong (HKG)||6:45pm|
|UA 871||San Francisco (SFO)||2:00pm||Taipei (TPE)||6:45pm|
|UA 954||San Francisco (SFO)||7:45pm||Tel Aviv (TLV)||7:55pm|
|UA 837||San Francisco (SFO)||11:30am||Tokyo (NRT)||2:35pm|
|UA 950||Washington, D.C. (IAD)||5:40pm||Brussels (BRU)||7:15am|
Note that some United flights may offer the new Premium Plus seats without the full service. On these flights, customers will be able to select a seat in the premium-economy cabin for the price of Economy Plus — in which case they'll also be available free of charge to elites.
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout Credit One Bank Wander® CardTerms Apply