Join TPG to Preview United’s New App at a Special Breakfast in NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United already has what’s arguably the most powerful app of any US airline, but the carrier’s been working to make its Android and iOS product even better.
A new mobile app is expected to launch in 2019, and United’s giving a group of 60 MileagePlus members an opportunity to try out the beta for themselves, before it’s released to the general public.
TPG founder Brian Kelly will join Linda Jojo, United’s Chief Digital Officer, to explore the new app at a special breakfast event on Jan. 8 in New York City — and you’re invited to attend!
“Members will get a chance to see a demo of the app, participate in a live Q&A and will leave as the first customers with access to the beta app on their own mobile devices.”
MileagePlus members can redeem 2,500 miles (worth $35, based on our valuations) for access (the mileage requirement is intended to avoid having customers register but not attend — TPG will not be compensated for participation). Mileage proceeds will be donated to Air Camp, a summer camp program for children and young adults to expand their STEM knowledge and skillsets as they learn about aviation and aerospace.
In addition to breakfast and a ticket to the Q&A, attendees will get early access to the app on their own devices. Full details will be sent directly to the winners ahead of the event.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees