This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United already has what’s arguably the most powerful app of any US airline, but the carrier’s been working to make its Android and iOS product even better.
A new mobile app is expected to launch in 2019, and United’s giving a group of 60 MileagePlus members an opportunity to try out the beta for themselves, before it’s released to the general public.
TPG founder Brian Kelly will join Linda Jojo, United’s Chief Digital Officer, to explore the new app at a special breakfast event on Jan. 8 in New York City — and you’re invited to attend!
“Members will get a chance to see a demo of the app, participate in a live Q&A and will leave as the first customers with access to the beta app on their own mobile devices.”
MileagePlus members can redeem 2,500 miles (worth $35, based on our valuations) for access (the mileage requirement is intended to avoid having customers register but not attend — TPG will not be compensated for participation). Mileage proceeds will be donated to Air Camp, a summer camp program for children and young adults to expand their STEM knowledge and skillsets as they learn about aviation and aerospace.
In addition to breakfast and a ticket to the Q&A, attendees will get early access to the app on their own devices. Full details will be sent directly to the winners ahead of the event.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards