Check to see if you’re targeted for new United credit card promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
United Airlines is running new targeted promotions for its credit cardholders, where you can earn United miles by completing a spending requirement.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As first reported by Frequent Miler, United is offering tiered bonus points after completing several offers through the MileagePlus X app. Here’s the earning structure and what you need to know.
- Complete one offer and earn 200 bonus miles
- Complete two offers and earn 300 bonus miles
- Complete three offers and earn 500 miles
- Complete four offers and earn 1,000 miles
That’s a total of 2,000 bonus miles you can earn, which are worth $26, according to TPG’s latest valuations. To complete an offer, you must first view the offer in the MileagePlus X app and then make a purchase. Note that you must complete the promotion between now and May 31, 2020.
There’s another targeted United cardholder offer for bonus miles, albeit with a much higher spending requirement. TPG’s Summer Hull discovered an offer on one of her United credit cards for 1,200 bonus miles (worth $16) after spending a whopping $7,500 between April 1 and June 30.
To check that offer, make sure you visit united.com/offers/springbonus where you’ll enter the last four digits of your United MileagePlus card number and MileagePlus account number.
You can also stack these bonuses with another promotion United announced last week. United recently gave cardholders an additional way to spend more toward earning higher elite status levels using everyday purchases made from home. The promotion still requires a hefty amount of spending, however.
For 2020, United is doubling the number of Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) you can earn with its consumer and small-business United Explorer cards, such as the United Explorer Card, and quadrupling the number of PQPs you can earn with its consumer and small-business Club cards, such as the United Club Infinite Card.
This promotion will take the maximum number of PQPs you can earn with the United Explorer cards to 2,000 PQPs for this year and will take the total number you can earn with the Club cards all the way up to 4,000 PQPs — both up from a regular 1,000 PQP yearly maximum on those cards. Combine that with the reduced thresholds to earn United status in 2020, and it puts some status levels within closer reach for those with significant card spending.
Featured photo courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees