United Ending Hyatt Elite Status Perk for Club Cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The United Club Card is best known for its namesake benefit — access to the United Club — but it also comes along with a handful of lesser-known perks, ranging from rental car insurance to elite status with the World of Hyatt program.
Namely, customers with United’s $450-annual-fee Club Card get free Discoverist status with Hyatt, normally earned after staying 10 eligible nights or earning 25,000 base points (with $5,000 in Hyatt spend) within a calendar year. Chase also offers Discoverist status as a perk of the World Of Hyatt Credit Card, which carries a $95 annual fee.
- 10% bonus points
- Upgrade to a preferred room based on availability
- Complimentary premium Internet access
- A bottle of water daily
- 2pm late checkout upon request
Unfortunately, United’s now confirmed that this benefit will only be available through Feb. 29, 2020 — and if you’d like to take advantage through that date, you’ll need to register for your complimentary status by Dec. 31, 2018. This change affects the regular United Club Card, and the business version, too.
While Discoverist status was a nice Club Card perk, customers carry that premium credit card for its full United Club membership, not entry-level status with Hyatt. And you can still get Hyatt status with the World Of Hyatt Credit Card, which is entirely worth having even if you don’t exclusively stay at Hyatt hotels, thanks to its annual Category 1-4 free night certificate.
If you have the Club card, and don’t already have status with Hyatt through 2019, you might as well register for Discoverist while you still can — be sure to enter your details here by Dec. 31 to lock it in.
The information for the United Club Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays – 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships