United unveils new California-themed Boeing 757
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A United Airlines 757 returned to service Sunday with a fresh new look.
Artist Tsungwei Moo won a competition to design the livery, which highlights California icons such as the Golden Gate Bridge and palm trees.
Moo said it’s a dream come true for her to be able to see her designs on a United plane. She immigrated to San Francisco from Taiwan aboard a United flight.
“This plane has its mission now, to bring more joy into people’s life, connecting people and uniting the world through experience art,” she said.
The special California-inspired livery is part of the airline’s “Her Art Here” partnership with the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The project focuses on bringing attention to women artists, whose work is displayed less frequently than men’s.
Last month, United unveiled the other winning livery, which was designed by Corinne Antonelli and inspired by New York and New Jersey. Together, the two planes represent United’s major U.S. coastal hubs.
The contest was open to any woman-identified artist living in the U.S., and entries were scored by a panel of judges.
All photos courtesy United Airlines.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee