Flyers can now book COVID-19 tests, be cleared to travel via United’s app
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As more Americans return to the skies, one of the biggest challenges continues to be locking in a COVID-19 test — a requirement for travel to many destinations, even after you’ve completed your vaccine.
The major U.S. airlines have all rolled out solutions to help simplify the process, for both passengers and check-in agents alike. Now, United Airlines is giving its tool — called the “Travel-Ready Center” — a welcome boost.
As of Wednesday, United flyers can use the carrier’s website and mobile app to book a COVID-19 test at more than 200 locations across the United States. With entry requirements integrated within the tool as well, travelers can ensure that the airline will accept their results.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Better yet, flyers won’t need to upload their COVID-19 test results on their own. When booking an appointment directly through the Travel-Ready Center, results will be automatically linked with the reservation, with United displaying a “travel-ready” indicator once you’re cleared to fly.
As the airline explains:
United customers will have access to more than 200 testing sites in the TrustAssure network, including testing sites within United’s hubs of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as those located at many drug store and pharmacy chains.
United also is planning to expand its offering to more U.S. cities, and will add testing sites abroad as well, making it easier for flyers to comply with the CDC’s testing requirement for all U.S.-bound international trips.
Featured photo courtesy of United
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.