Flyers can now book COVID-19 tests, be cleared to travel via United’s app
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As more Americans return to the skies, one of the biggest challenges continues to be locking in a COVID-19 test — a requirement for travel to many destinations, even after you’ve completed your vaccine.
The major U.S. airlines have all rolled out solutions to help simplify the process, for both passengers and check-in agents alike. Now, United Airlines is giving its tool — called the “Travel-Ready Center” — a welcome boost.
As of Wednesday, United flyers can use the carrier’s website and mobile app to book a COVID-19 test at more than 200 locations across the United States. With entry requirements integrated within the tool as well, travelers can ensure that the airline will accept their results.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Better yet, flyers won’t need to upload their COVID-19 test results on their own. When booking an appointment directly through the Travel-Ready Center, results will be automatically linked with the reservation, with United displaying a “travel-ready” indicator once you’re cleared to fly.
As the airline explains:
United customers will have access to more than 200 testing sites in the TrustAssure network, including testing sites within United’s hubs of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as those located at many drug store and pharmacy chains.
United also is planning to expand its offering to more U.S. cities, and will add testing sites abroad as well, making it easier for flyers to comply with the CDC’s testing requirement for all U.S.-bound international trips.
Featured photo courtesy of United
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees