United Airlines Unveils New Star Wars-Themed Livery, Sweepstakes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Soon, passengers traveling on select United Airlines’ flights won’t be choosing a seat on the left or right side of the aircraft but rather the light or dark side. On Friday, United Airlines unveiled a brand new Star Wars-themed livery in conjunction with the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
The livery features an all-black fuselage with two unique color schemes on either side. These color schemes reflect the two sides of the force in the Star Wars franchise. One side of the aircraft will proudly represent the light side of the force ,or Ashla, using blue accents on the tail and even the split-scimitar winglets. On the opposite side of the aircraft, reddish-orange accents represent the dark side, or Bogan.
The United typeface runs across both sides of the aircraft, though, is noticeably larger and more defined. It is rumored that this bolder and larger font will become the standard when United unveils the airline’s updated livery later this year.
To celebrate the new livery and the release of the latest installment of the Star Wars franchise, United is running a sweepstake which offers fans the opportunity to be among the first to see the new movie. Those interested in the sweepstakes can enter by retweeting the Tweet featured below:
United said in a statement regarding the decision to collaborate with the Star Wars franchise that the airline’s mission is to “connect people and unite the world, which is exactly what the Star Wars franchise has epically done for more than four decades.”
Few details pertaining to the livery have been made available. United has yet to set an exact timeline for when the new livery will make its debut on an actual aircraft. United has, however, confirmed that a Boeing 737-800 has been selected to show off the new Star Wars-themed livery.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees