United Airlines Unveils New Star Wars-Themed Livery, Sweepstakes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Soon, passengers traveling on select United Airlines’ flights won’t be choosing a seat on the left or right side of the aircraft but rather the light or dark side. On Friday, United Airlines unveiled a brand new Star Wars-themed livery in conjunction with the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
The livery features an all-black fuselage with two unique color schemes on either side. These color schemes reflect the two sides of the force in the Star Wars franchise. One side of the aircraft will proudly represent the light side of the force ,or Ashla, using blue accents on the tail and even the split-scimitar winglets. On the opposite side of the aircraft, reddish-orange accents represent the dark side, or Bogan.
The United typeface runs across both sides of the aircraft, though, is noticeably larger and more defined. It is rumored that this bolder and larger font will become the standard when United unveils the airline’s updated livery later this year.
To celebrate the new livery and the release of the latest installment of the Star Wars franchise, United is running a sweepstake which offers fans the opportunity to be among the first to see the new movie. Those interested in the sweepstakes can enter by retweeting the Tweet featured below:
United said in a statement regarding the decision to collaborate with the Star Wars franchise that the airline’s mission is to “connect people and unite the world, which is exactly what the Star Wars franchise has epically done for more than four decades.”
Few details pertaining to the livery have been made available. United has yet to set an exact timeline for when the new livery will make its debut on an actual aircraft. United has, however, confirmed that a Boeing 737-800 has been selected to show off the new Star Wars-themed livery.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee