United Airlines Unveils New Star Wars-Themed Livery, Sweepstakes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Soon, passengers traveling on select United Airlines’ flights won’t be choosing a seat on the left or right side of the aircraft but rather the light or dark side. On Friday, United Airlines unveiled a brand new Star Wars-themed livery in conjunction with the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
The livery features an all-black fuselage with two unique color schemes on either side. These color schemes reflect the two sides of the force in the Star Wars franchise. One side of the aircraft will proudly represent the light side of the force ,or Ashla, using blue accents on the tail and even the split-scimitar winglets. On the opposite side of the aircraft, reddish-orange accents represent the dark side, or Bogan.
The United typeface runs across both sides of the aircraft, though, is noticeably larger and more defined. It is rumored that this bolder and larger font will become the standard when United unveils the airline’s updated livery later this year.
To celebrate the new livery and the release of the latest installment of the Star Wars franchise, United is running a sweepstake which offers fans the opportunity to be among the first to see the new movie. Those interested in the sweepstakes can enter by retweeting the Tweet featured below:
United said in a statement regarding the decision to collaborate with the Star Wars franchise that the airline’s mission is to “connect people and unite the world, which is exactly what the Star Wars franchise has epically done for more than four decades.”
Few details pertaining to the livery have been made available. United has yet to set an exact timeline for when the new livery will make its debut on an actual aircraft. United has, however, confirmed that a Boeing 737-800 has been selected to show off the new Star Wars-themed livery.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.