United Airlines drops West Coast service from Cincinnati
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines will no longer offer flights to the West Coast from Cincinnati beginning in January.
The Star Alliance carrier is ending its daily flight between Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and San Francisco (SFO) on Jan. 3, Diio by Cirium schedules show and United confirmed. The flight is operated with an Airbus A319.
United spokesman Jonathan Guerin said the decision to end the route came after a “careful analysis of demand for both business and leisure travel.”
The reduction leaves Delta Air Lines as the only carrier flying year-round between Cincinnati and San Francisco, Diio schedules show. Frontier Airlines flies the route on a seasonal basis.
United has served the market since June 2017, according to the data.
The Cincinnati changes come as United plans to continue growing capacity by 4-6% annually in 2020. The airline announced four new routes — plus a seasonal extension — at its media day on Friday. From Chicago O’Hare (ORD), United will add nonstop flights to Pasco (PSC) in Washington and Santa Barbara (SBA) in California. The carrier also will add nonstop routes between Denver (DEN) and Nassau (NAS) in the Bahamas and between Houston Intercontinental (IAH) and Spokane (GEG) in Washington. United will also extend its winter service between Chicago and Vail (EGE) to the summer season.
Related: The best credit cards for United fliers
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees