United Airlines drops West Coast service from Cincinnati
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines will no longer offer flights to the West Coast from Cincinnati beginning in January.
The Star Alliance carrier is ending its daily flight between Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and San Francisco (SFO) on Jan. 3, Diio by Cirium schedules show and United confirmed. The flight is operated with an Airbus A319.
United spokesman Jonathan Guerin said the decision to end the route came after a “careful analysis of demand for both business and leisure travel.”
The reduction leaves Delta Air Lines as the only carrier flying year-round between Cincinnati and San Francisco, Diio schedules show. Frontier Airlines flies the route on a seasonal basis.
United has served the market since June 2017, according to the data.
The Cincinnati changes come as United plans to continue growing capacity by 4-6% annually in 2020. The airline announced four new routes — plus a seasonal extension — at its media day on Friday. From Chicago O’Hare (ORD), United will add nonstop flights to Pasco (PSC) in Washington and Santa Barbara (SBA) in California. The carrier also will add nonstop routes between Denver (DEN) and Nassau (NAS) in the Bahamas and between Houston Intercontinental (IAH) and Spokane (GEG) in Washington. United will also extend its winter service between Chicago and Vail (EGE) to the summer season.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.