United Airlines adds Alaska route from Los Angeles hub
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines will add a new nonstop route between Los Angeles and Anchorage, Alaska. Seasonal summer service will begin June 18, with United offering one daily round-trip flight through Aug. 17 on Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Tickets for the new service go on sale Saturday.
The new route to Los Angeles joins United’s extensive summer route network out of Anchorage. The airline has two daily flights to Chicago and Denver, as well as once-daily service to Newark, Houston and San Francisco.
United will face competition between the cities. Alaska Airlines flies year-round between LAX and Anchorage while American offers seasonal service during the summer.
In a press release announcing the new route, United said it operates more nonstop service to destinations in the Lower 48 from Anchorage and Fairbanks than any other airline.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.