United Adds Nearly 150 Additional Flights for Spring Break Travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is adding nearly 150 flights between its hubs and popular spring break destinations for the busy travel season. More specifically, it’s adding 31 flights to 12 islands in the Caribbean, 28 flights to seven cities in Mexico and 27 flights to seven destinations in Central America. In addition, it’s using its Denver hub to add five new temporary routes to four destinations in Florida: Destin (VPS), West Palm Beach (PBI), Pensacola (PNS) and Sarasota (SRQ) and one in Texas, South Padre Island (BRO).
Destin (VPS), Pensacola (PNS) and Sarasota (SRQ) service will operate once a week on Saturdays while flights to West Palm Beach (PBI) will depart on Saturdays and return on Sunday. United will also bring service from Denver to South Padre Island-Brownsville (BRO) in Texas for a Saturday-only flight launching March 9 and lasting through the end of the month.
The airline will be increasing flights to spring break destinations, aka warm-weather cities, over the next few months, as well. These are just temporary one-off flights to already-serviced destinations, however, it could be a good opportunity as award availability may have opened up on routes — meaning you could escape the northern cold for some southern warmth. In total, these destinations will have an increased capacity of 41,000 seats.
You can transfer Chase Ultimate Reward points to United instantly if you do decide to book an award. Economy short-haul awards start from 10,000 miles one-way while all flights longer than 700 miles start at 12,500 miles. Economy awards to Mexico and Central begin at 17,500 miles one-way.
The airline will add flights to international destinations:
- 31 flights to 12 islands in the Caribbean
- 28 additional flights to seven cities in Mexico
- 27 flights to seven destinations in Central America including 16 flights to Costa Rica
- Three flights to Guatemala
- Three flights to Belize
Domestically, these cities will see more service from United:
- Seven additional flights to Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona
- 15 additional flights to 10 cities in Florida
- Eight more flights to four islands in Hawaii
- 10 more flights Colorado ski destinations, including Vail, Crested Butte, Steamboat Springs and Telluride.
Featured image by The Points Guy staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees