Uber Rewards Rolls out to 25 US Cities and Areas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
In November, Uber rolled out its new loyalty program, simply dubbed Uber Rewards. The ride-hailing giant finally joined the ranks of most other large transportation companies, but Uber Rewards was not immediately available to everyone.
Uber’s announced that it’s now opened the program to riders in 17 more cities, making the program available in 25 different areas.
When Uber Rewards began, only select people in the launch cities were eligible to join, but Uber’s told TPG that everyone in these cities should now be able enroll in the program. The only area where not every rider is yet to be eligible for the program is New York City.
Here are the 25 cities ands areas where Uber Rewards is currently available:
New York City
“We’re planning to roll out to the rest of the US soon,” an Uber spokesperson told TPG.
Once signed up, riders will start earning points on every ride which can then be redeemed for Uber credit, and will be able to earn different levels of elite status, all which come with their own set of perks. Lower-level Gold status offers waived cancellation fees in certain cases, while top tier Diamond offers free upgrades to nicer cars.
For those who are just now joining, many riders will instantly be able to earn elite status since Uber is retroactively counting the last six months of activity. So if you had spent $250 on UberX rides over the last six months, you’d earn Gold Status right after signing up.
To enhance your return on Uber spend even more, you’ll want to use a credit card that earns bonus points on travel purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel for a 6% return
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel up to $150,000 in combined category purchases each account year for a 6% return
- Citi Premier® Card – 3x ThankYou points on all travel for a 5.1% return
- US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card – 3x points for a 4.5% return
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – 2x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel for a 4% return
The information for the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers up to $200 of Uber credit as one of its benefits, although it doesn’t have a bonus category for ride-hailing or general travel purchases. If you haven’t spent anything on Uber in the last six months, the Amex Platinum offers Uber VIP status which awards special benefits to cardholders.
For a detailed rundown of Uber Rewards make sure to read our guide: Uber Launches Its Own Rewards Program — Here’s Everything You Need to Know. For a step-by-step guide on how to earn Uber elite status, read How to Instantly Earn Uber Elite Status.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here
Featured image courtesy of Uber.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees