This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In November, Uber rolled out its new loyalty program, simply dubbed Uber Rewards. The ride-hailing giant finally joined the ranks of most other large transportation companies, but Uber Rewards was not immediately available to everyone.
Uber’s announced that it’s now opened the program to riders in 17 more cities, making the program available in 25 different areas.
When Uber Rewards began, only select people in the launch cities were eligible to join, but Uber’s told TPG that everyone in these cities should now be able enroll in the program. The only area where not every rider is yet to be eligible for the program is New York City.
Here are the 25 cities ands areas where Uber Rewards is currently available:
New York City
“We’re planning to roll out to the rest of the US soon,” an Uber spokesperson told TPG.
Once signed up, riders will start earning points on every ride which can then be redeemed for Uber credit, and will be able to earn different levels of elite status, all which come with their own set of perks. Lower-level Gold status offers waived cancellation fees in certain cases, while top tier Diamond offers free upgrades to nicer cars.
For those who are just now joining, many riders will instantly be able to earn elite status since Uber is retroactively counting the last six months of activity. So if you had spent $250 on UberX rides over the last six months, you’d earn Gold Status right after signing up.
To enhance your return on Uber spend even more, you’ll want to use a credit card that earns bonus points on travel purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel for a 6% return
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel up to $150,000 in purchases a year for a 6% return
- Citi Premier Card – 3x ThankYou points on all travel for a 5.1% return
- US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card – 3x points for a 4.5% return
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – 2x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel for a 4% return
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers up to $200 of Uber credit as one of its benefits, although it doesn’t have a bonus category for ride-hailing or general travel purchases. If you haven’t spent anything on Uber in the last six months, the Amex Platinum offers Uber VIP status which awards special benefits to cardholders.
For a detailed rundown of Uber Rewards make sure to read our guide: Uber Launches Its Own Rewards Program — Here’s Everything You Need to Know. For a step-by-step guide on how to earn Uber elite status, read How to Instantly Earn Uber Elite Status.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here
Featured image courtesy of Uber.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees