Uber Rewards Rolls out to 25 US Cities and Areas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
In November, Uber rolled out its new loyalty program, simply dubbed Uber Rewards. The ride-hailing giant finally joined the ranks of most other large transportation companies, but Uber Rewards was not immediately available to everyone.
Uber’s announced that it’s now opened the program to riders in 17 more cities, making the program available in 25 different areas.
When Uber Rewards began, only select people in the launch cities were eligible to join, but Uber’s told TPG that everyone in these cities should now be able enroll in the program. The only area where not every rider is yet to be eligible for the program is New York City.
Here are the 25 cities ands areas where Uber Rewards is currently available:
New York City
“We’re planning to roll out to the rest of the US soon,” an Uber spokesperson told TPG.
Once signed up, riders will start earning points on every ride which can then be redeemed for Uber credit, and will be able to earn different levels of elite status, all which come with their own set of perks. Lower-level Gold status offers waived cancellation fees in certain cases, while top tier Diamond offers free upgrades to nicer cars.
For those who are just now joining, many riders will instantly be able to earn elite status since Uber is retroactively counting the last six months of activity. So if you had spent $250 on UberX rides over the last six months, you’d earn Gold Status right after signing up.
To enhance your return on Uber spend even more, you’ll want to use a credit card that earns bonus points on travel purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel for a 6% return
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – 3x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel up to $150,000 in combined category purchases each account year for a 6% return
- Citi Premier® Card – 3x ThankYou points on all travel for a 5.1% return
- US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card – 3x points for a 4.5% return
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – 2x Ultimate Rewards points on all travel for a 4% return
The information for the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers up to $200 of Uber credit as one of its benefits, although it doesn’t have a bonus category for ride-hailing or general travel purchases. If you haven’t spent anything on Uber in the last six months, the Amex Platinum offers Uber VIP status which awards special benefits to cardholders.
For a detailed rundown of Uber Rewards make sure to read our guide: Uber Launches Its Own Rewards Program — Here’s Everything You Need to Know. For a step-by-step guide on how to earn Uber elite status, read How to Instantly Earn Uber Elite Status.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here
Featured image courtesy of Uber.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.