This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber will appeal London’s decision to ban the company’s service in court on Monday, June 25th.
Uber, which has been riddled with controversial and scandalous behavior in the past, lost its license to operate in London last September because the Transport for London deemed the company “unfit and proper” to operate in its city. The TfL believes Uber failed to demonstrate corporate responsibility in relation to public safety and security.
Uber has been able to continue its services in London and can do so until the appeal process is complete. The hearing is expected to last three days and the appeal could move onto a higher court, Business Insider reported.
Since former CEO Travis Kalanick stepped down last June and current CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has taken the reins, Uber has made significant changes to reshape its business model and brand into a better company. This appeal will dictate whether the TfL believes the changes Uber has made over the past year to improve its image have made the company meet the TfL’s standards.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees