This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber will appeal London’s decision to ban the company’s service in court on Monday, June 25th.
Uber, which has been riddled with controversial and scandalous behavior in the past, lost its license to operate in London last September because the Transport for London deemed the company “unfit and proper” to operate in its city. The TfL believes Uber failed to demonstrate corporate responsibility in relation to public safety and security.
Uber has been able to continue its services in London and can do so until the appeal process is complete. The hearing is expected to last three days and the appeal could move onto a higher court, Business Insider reported.
Since former CEO Travis Kalanick stepped down last June and current CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has taken the reins, Uber has made significant changes to reshape its business model and brand into a better company. This appeal will dictate whether the TfL believes the changes Uber has made over the past year to improve its image have made the company meet the TfL’s standards.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that