Uber Will Fight to Keep Its License to Operate in London on Monday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber will appeal London’s decision to ban the company’s service in court on Monday, June 25th.
Uber, which has been riddled with controversial and scandalous behavior in the past, lost its license to operate in London last September because the Transport for London deemed the company “unfit and proper” to operate in its city. The TfL believes Uber failed to demonstrate corporate responsibility in relation to public safety and security.
Uber has been able to continue its services in London and can do so until the appeal process is complete. The hearing is expected to last three days and the appeal could move onto a higher court, Business Insider reported.
Since former CEO Travis Kalanick stepped down last June and current CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has taken the reins, Uber has made significant changes to reshape its business model and brand into a better company. This appeal will dictate whether the TfL believes the changes Uber has made over the past year to improve its image have made the company meet the TfL’s standards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.