New TWA hotel gym promo: Work out for free for 2 months
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a whole lot to do at the iconic TWA Hotel: you can ice skate on the old tarmac, watch planes take off while lounging by the rooftop pool, or grab a drink in the old Connie plane-turned-bar. Now you can even get a Peloton ride in at the hotel gym.
If you’ve got a busy two months of travel ahead of you out of JFK, you may be excited to hear that TWA is now offering new members two free months with no initiation fee. After that, the rate goes back to the usual $40 a month — probably the cheapest Peloton ride(s) you’ll ever take and a pretty good deal if convenient.
If you’d just like to stop by for the day during a long layover, you can buy a day pass for $25 a person. The gym is open Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you’re a TWA Hotel guest then the gym is included in your stay.
This isn’t just any old hotel gym, though: The TWA Hotel bills its fitness center as the “world’s biggest hotel gym.” While we can’t confirm that with absolute certainty, we can admit that it is indeed very big at 10,000 square feet. The space is well-equipped with a dozen treadmills, 14 Peloton bikes, a yoga studio, and a full assortment of free weights and weight machines.
The gym is the latest in the growing availability of fitness facilities at airports. Airports from Baltimore/Washington (BWI) to Doha Hamad (DOH) to Singapore Changi (SIN) offer travelers gyms either inside security or passenger transit areas, while Chicago O’Hare (ORD) and Detroit (DTW) offer gyms in hotels attached to their terminals.
San Francisco (SFO) also offers another favorite airport fitness option, according to TPG’s Ned Russell: You can take BART from the International Terminal to Millbrae, then run south along the Bay Trail — a route that offers some great views of the runways at SFO.
Additional reporting by Edward Russell.
Featured photo courtesy of the TWA Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees