Kimpton adds more perks for pet guests with new partnership – claim your free dog walk
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Before the pandemic, there were millions of pet owners who wouldn’t hit the road without their pets. In the most recent National Pet Owners Survey from the American Pet Products Association, 25 million dog owners reported stays at pet-friendly hotels.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals reports 23 million American households added a pet to the family during the pandemic. As a result, now even more people will want to take their pets with them when they travel for work or play.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter.
With numbers like that, it’s no surprise that the number of hotels offering a pet-friendly stay has increased as well. However, the definition of pet-friendly often means pets are welcome, but only if their owners cough up a nonrefundable fee that can sometimes top $100 a night.
Not so with Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (under the IHG Rewards program). It remains one of the most pet-friendly brands. According to the company’s website, its 65-plus U.S. properties welcome “your furry, feathery or scaly family member – no matter their size, weight or breed, at no extra charge.”
Visiting pets receive treats, as well as complimentary loaner beds, water bowls, mats and other goodies. Their owners get a list of nearby pet-friendly restaurants, parks, groomers and pet boutiques. Additionally, pet guests are welcome to attend the brand’s nightly wine receptions with their owners.
Kimpton is now expanding its pet-friendly program by adding a partnership with Wag!, a mobile platform that connects pet owners with professional pet caregivers in communities throughout the country. Through the KimptonXWag! program, hotel guests can book walks or drop-ins (check-in visits) for their pets.
To kick off the new program, Kimpton will gift 1,000 free 20-minute services (either walks or drop-ins) to guests staying at one of the brand’s participating properties. To receive one of the free walks (available while supplies last), ask for a discount code via social media at @Kimpton on Twitter or Instagram.
In addition to the free walks or drop-ins, Kimpton is giving all guests access to one free month of Wag! Premium with every stay. Through that program, guests are eligible for 10% off every pet service booked, waived booking fees and round-the-clock access to advice from credentialed veterinary professionals.
To celebrate the new partnership, KimptonXWag! also released a limited-edition hooded dog bathrobe, inspired by Kimpton’s signature robe collection. The robes come in three sizes and are embroidered with a custom KimptonXWag! patch. You can buy your good dog a robe for $35.
Kimpton has been creative this year with its promotional perks – extending two key ones to employees as well as guests. In February, the brand offered 1,000 complimentary live video therapy sessions to guests to announce a partnership with Talkspace, an online behavioral health care company. The promotion, which offers $100 off the first month of any Talkspace plan for guests, runs through December. It also includes a free one-year subscription to Talkspace for all eligible company workers, from front-line employees to managers.
“For these two brand partnerships, Talkspace and Wag, we took a look at important topics that emerged out of the pandemic and were well within our wheelhouse to impact our guests’ experiences for the better,” Kathleen Reidenbach, chief commercial officer at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, told TPG via email.
Reidenbach shared that so far, 500 of the 1,000 complimentary Talkspace therapy sessions have been distributed and more than 100 employees have signed up for the benefit.
As for the Wag! partnership, “[It] allows us to provide additional benefits to our employees and take some of the stress off our guests, allowing them to enjoy their stay while ensuring their pets get all the attention they need on the road,” she said.
Featured photo courtesy of Kimpton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees