4 Flyers, 4 Cabins, 1 Flight: TPG UK Flies British Airways in Each Class of Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When we set out to start a UK-centric version of The Points Guy, we had many ideas for content with which we could launch the brand-new site. Some ideas were tossed out, while others put into action. None, however, were as exciting as the prospect of trying out each class of service on board a British Airways jet at the same time, on the same flight.
The team eagerly searched for a route that would clock in at around seven hours, but that avoided the East Coast of the US, since there had been (and continues to be) an enormous amount of flying between London and New York already. After much searching, they settled on Abu Dhabi (AUH), which lies just about seven hours away from London by plane, and is a perfect route to review since BA operates a four-class Boeing 777 on the route and schedules the departures during the daytime, meaning there would be better conditions for taking photos and video on board.
Then came the moment of truth: picking who would sit in which cabin. They did it in the fairest way they knew how: randomly selecting a piece of paper with the class of service written on it. Here’s how it all shook out:
- First Class: Nicky Kelvin, UK Director of Content
- Club World (business class): Daniel Ross, Content Producer
- World Traveller Plus (premium economy): Christian Kramer, General Manager, TPG UK
- World Traveller (economy): Jean Arnas, UK Head of Video
So, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight along with four members of TPG UK as they travel from London to Abu Dhabi in the video below!
Featured image by Jean Arnas / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees