4 Flyers, 4 Cabins, 1 Flight: TPG UK Flies British Airways in Each Class of Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When we set out to start a UK-centric version of The Points Guy, we had many ideas for content with which we could launch the brand-new site. Some ideas were tossed out, while others put into action. None, however, were as exciting as the prospect of trying out each class of service on board a British Airways jet at the same time, on the same flight.
The team eagerly searched for a route that would clock in at around seven hours, but that avoided the East Coast of the US, since there had been (and continues to be) an enormous amount of flying between London and New York already. After much searching, they settled on Abu Dhabi (AUH), which lies just about seven hours away from London by plane, and is a perfect route to review since BA operates a four-class Boeing 777 on the route and schedules the departures during the daytime, meaning there would be better conditions for taking photos and video on board.
Then came the moment of truth: picking who would sit in which cabin. They did it in the fairest way they knew how: randomly selecting a piece of paper with the class of service written on it. Here’s how it all shook out:
- First Class: Nicky Kelvin, UK Director of Content
- Club World (business class): Daniel Ross, Content Producer
- World Traveller Plus (premium economy): Christian Kramer, General Manager, TPG UK
- World Traveller (economy): Jean Arnas, UK Head of Video
So, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight along with four members of TPG UK as they travel from London to Abu Dhabi in the video below!
Featured image by Jean Arnas / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.