This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 2/28/19: Thank you for all the terrific submissions for this position — we’ve received all that we can handle and the submission window is now closed. As of today, we’ve sent follow-up emails to all the candidates who are still under consideration for this internship. We apologize that we’re unable to respond personally to every applicant, but if you didn’t hear back from us, we hope you’ll submit again in the future for another position at TPG.
While we’re always on the lookout for new writers here at TPG, we also know there are a lot of people obsessed with points and miles who would love to come work with us — but who don’t think they have a flair for the written word. If that’s you, pay attention, because this is your chance!
TPG is looking to immediately hire a research intern to join our special projects team for three months, collaborating on several of our ongoing points and miles projects. This is not a writing internship and travel is not involved. Rather, this is a data-heavy position for a points and miles junkie who loves sitting in front of a computer and digging into the meat of award availability and award-chart sweet spots.
This will be a remote position, so you don’t need to be based in the NYC area to apply. We’re looking for a 15-20 hour per week (flexible) commitment, and the internship will be paid on an hourly basis.
The TPG special projects research intern will work on compiling and analyzing airline award chart data from across the industry, from the top programs to the most obscure. While basic writing skills are useful, this is not an editorial position — you will not be writing for the site. You will also be researching software platforms and tools, as well as doing basic data entry and organizing beta tests for a number of upcoming TPG projects. A minimum of 15 hours per week is required, and we’re looking for someone who can start immediately. Length of the internship is three months, and yes, we pay our interns! ($20 an hour.)
- Expert understanding of frequent flyer points and miles
- Deep knowledge of airline award charts, alliances and transfer partners (and not just the popular ones)
- Attention to detail and a head for crunching numbers
- Intermediate to expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work remotely and independently while hitting assigned deadlines
- Some light email and other communication duties are also required
- Start date is Monday, March 4; the internship runs through the end of May
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you like us and why we would like you, and the most obscure award redemption you’ve ever made, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Other Opportunities at TPG?
But what if you are a writer? Well, TPG is also always looking to add experts to our growing editorial team. If you have knowledge of points and miles, credit cards and loyalty programs and think you’d be a good fit as a TPG contributor, email email@example.com. Be sure to include a summary of your points and miles knowledge, applicable writing clips and your resume.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees