TPG Is Looking For a Points and Miles Research Intern
Update 2/28/19: Thank you for all the terrific submissions for this position — we’ve received all that we can handle and the submission window is now closed. As of today, we’ve sent follow-up emails to all the candidates who are still under consideration for this internship. We apologize that we’re unable to respond personally to every applicant, but if you didn’t hear back from us, we hope you’ll submit again in the future for another position at TPG.
While we’re always on the lookout for new writers here at TPG, we also know there are a lot of people obsessed with points and miles who would love to come work with us — but who don’t think they have a flair for the written word. If that’s you, pay attention, because this is your chance!
TPG is looking to immediately hire a research intern to join our special projects team for three months, collaborating on several of our ongoing points and miles projects. This is not a writing internship and travel is not involved. Rather, this is a data-heavy position for a points and miles junkie who loves sitting in front of a computer and digging into the meat of award availability and award-chart sweet spots.
This will be a remote position, so you don’t need to be based in the NYC area to apply. We’re looking for a 15-20 hour per week (flexible) commitment, and the internship will be paid on an hourly basis.
The TPG special projects research intern will work on compiling and analyzing airline award chart data from across the industry, from the top programs to the most obscure. While basic writing skills are useful, this is not an editorial position — you will not be writing for the site. You will also be researching software platforms and tools, as well as doing basic data entry and organizing beta tests for a number of upcoming TPG projects. A minimum of 15 hours per week is required, and we’re looking for someone who can start immediately. Length of the internship is three months, and yes, we pay our interns! ($20 an hour.)
- Expert understanding of frequent flyer points and miles
- Deep knowledge of airline award charts, alliances and transfer partners (and not just the popular ones)
- Attention to detail and a head for crunching numbers
- Intermediate to expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work remotely and independently while hitting assigned deadlines
- Some light email and other communication duties are also required
- Start date is Monday, March 4; the internship runs through the end of May
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you like us and why we would like you, and the most obscure award redemption you’ve ever made, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Other Opportunities at TPG?
But what if you are a writer? Well, TPG is also always looking to add experts to our growing editorial team. If you have knowledge of points and miles, credit cards and loyalty programs and think you’d be a good fit as a TPG contributor, email email@example.com. Be sure to include a summary of your points and miles knowledge, applicable writing clips and your resume.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees