The TPG App is coming — here’s how to get early access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at The Points Guy, our mission is to empower our readers to become better travelers, especially through the use of points and miles. We have become not only a premier resource for all things points and miles but also an industry leader in airline, hotel, cruise, credit card and travel news.
With that in mind, we’re excited to announce our latest tool to help you travel better: the TPG App!
Keep reading to find out more about the new iOS app and how you can sign up for the waitlist to gain early access.
What the app does
The TPG App has three main components: learn, earn and burn. Users can curate their news feed to prioritize what really matters to them, whether that aviation, travel tips or credit card news. App users will also be able to monitor their spending habits, track progress towards a personalized goal and even get recommendations on which card to use when making a purchase at a particular store.
And finally, the TPG App will provide guidance on the best ways to burn your points and miles to make your biggest travel dreams a reality.
Four key sections of the app
Below are the four most important tools inside of the TPG App:
- Home: This is where your curated feed will live, which includes The Points Guy’s latest articles based on your preferences. Here is also where you can view your “Points Net Worth” — a summary of the total value of all your linked loyalty programs (based on TPG’s most recent valuations).
- Award Explorer: Although the app won’t provide live pricing or availability at launch, users can explore award travel options here — including guidance on which airline programs to use, the estimated cost of an award trip, potential fees and taxes, and more.
- Cards: This is where users can sync their credit cards to track spend by category, view earning opportunities they missed and track progress toward welcome bonuses. Users can even opt-in to real-time, location-based alerts that will help you choose the right card to maximize your spending every time.
- Points: This is your one-stop shop for syncing your various hotel and airline loyalty accounts as well as view your rewards balances. From here, users will be able to identify program transfer partners, track progress toward elite-status qualification and even see the dates when their points and miles are set to expire.
How you can sign up
The first public invitations for the TPG App will be sent in early June, but you can add your name to the waitlist now. Invitations will be sent out to those on the list first — so the earlier you sign up, the earlier you’ll gain access! Simply visit this page, input your email address and click “Join waitlist” to grab your spot.
Note that the TPG App is currently only supported by iOS 13 and above — but we plan to launch an Android version in the months to come.
The TPG App is coming soon, and it will be your go-to resource for all things related to points, miles and The Points Guy. With the app, you can see what’s going on in the travel and loyalty industries from a curated news feed, gain insight into the points and miles you’ve already earned (and access tips to earn even more), and help you put those hard-earned rewards to use — with in-depth content to meet your individual travel goals.
It’ll also help you keep track of your various loyalty program account balances and show you just how much these points and miles are worth — all in a single app.
What are you waiting for? Sign up for the waitlist now to secure your spot!
Featured photo courtesy of The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees