The TPG App is coming — here’s how to get early access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at The Points Guy, our mission is to empower our readers to become better travelers, especially through the use of points and miles. We have become not only a premier resource for all things points and miles but also an industry leader in airline, hotel, cruise, credit card and travel news.
With that in mind, we’re excited to announce our latest tool to help you travel better: the TPG App!
Keep reading to find out more about the new iOS app and how you can sign up for the waitlist to gain early access.
What the app does
The TPG App has three main components: learn, earn and burn. Users can curate their news feed to prioritize what really matters to them, whether that aviation, travel tips or credit card news. App users will also be able to monitor their spending habits, track progress towards a personalized goal and even get recommendations on which card to use when making a purchase at a particular store.
And finally, the TPG App will provide guidance on the best ways to burn your points and miles to make your biggest travel dreams a reality.
Four key sections of the app
Below are the four most important tools inside of the TPG App:
- Home: This is where your curated feed will live, which includes The Points Guy’s latest articles based on your preferences. Here is also where you can view your “Points Net Worth” — a summary of the total value of all your linked loyalty programs (based on TPG’s most recent valuations).
- Award Explorer: Although the app won’t provide live pricing or availability at launch, users can explore award travel options here — including guidance on which airline programs to use, the estimated cost of an award trip, potential fees and taxes, and more.
- Cards: This is where users can sync their credit cards to track spend by category, view earning opportunities they missed and track progress toward welcome bonuses. Users can even opt-in to real-time, location-based alerts that will help you choose the right card to maximize your spending every time.
- Points: This is your one-stop shop for syncing your various hotel and airline loyalty accounts as well as view your rewards balances. From here, users will be able to identify program transfer partners, track progress toward elite-status qualification and even see the dates when their points and miles are set to expire.
How you can sign up
The first public invitations for the TPG App will be sent in early June, but you can add your name to the waitlist now. Invitations will be sent out to those on the list first — so the earlier you sign up, the earlier you’ll gain access! Simply visit this page, input your email address and click “Join waitlist” to grab your spot.
Note that the TPG App is currently only supported by iOS 13 and above — but we plan to launch an Android version in the months to come.
The TPG App is coming soon, and it will be your go-to resource for all things related to points, miles and The Points Guy. With the app, you can see what’s going on in the travel and loyalty industries from a curated news feed, gain insight into the points and miles you’ve already earned (and access tips to earn even more), and help you put those hard-earned rewards to use — with in-depth content to meet your individual travel goals.
It’ll also help you keep track of your various loyalty program account balances and show you just how much these points and miles are worth — all in a single app.
What are you waiting for? Sign up for the waitlist now to secure your spot!
Featured photo courtesy of The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.