TPG All-Inclusive: Join our first-ever advisory panel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we spend as much time on the road and in the air as possible (well, in normal times) so we can share all our tips, tricks and insights with you, dear reader. But the truth is, our small but mighty team can’t cover everything. And if 2020 taught us one thing, the future of travel is all about inclusivity.
While we may have a plethora of points and miles knowledge here, there are plenty of facets of travel where our representation is lacking. That’s where you come in.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
We’re getting ready to launch our first-ever TPG advisory panel, a group of external travel experts with a demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion who will work with the team on expanding our editorial coverage, refining products like the upcoming TPG app and advising on initiatives such as the TPG Awards.
Whether you’re a solo traveler with a cause or someone who is passionate about sustainable travel, we’re looking for fresh voices from underrepresented communities to help take TPG to new heights (link to apply here).
What is the TPG advisory panel?
To help widen our coverage at TPG and be more representative of all voices and perspectives, we‘re establishing an external panel of passionate travelers who have a demonstrated expertise in equity and/or inclusivity and will consult with and advise TPG on an ongoing basis. The goal is to ensure our brand is ever-evolving and our content is as comprehensive as possible. In addition to expanding our site coverage, we are asking panelists to hold us accountable when we get it wrong.
How will it work?
TPG will work with panelists regularly on both group initiatives and individual projects. We will meet monthly as a group for feedback on larger projects, and work individually with panelists on content, social takeovers, videos, speaking engagements and more. Panelists are asked to make a one-year commitment to this project.
What’s the compensation?
We’re glad you asked. First things first: This wouldn’t be TPG without travel, so we’re offering each panelist a $5,000 stipend for travel, booked by us, to be used at the panelists’ discretion — whether that’s one bucket list adventure or multiple trips to go visit family and friends. (If travel is not on your horizon, we will make a donation of up to $5,000 to the nonprofit of your choosing.)
We will also pay panelists for any one-off projects, just as we do for any of our amazing contributors.
Why is this important to TPG?
The TPG staff will never be able to accurately represent every person — or every current and potential TPG reader — in house. So, we are working on ways to expand our network so that our brand and our content is as inclusive as it can possibly be.
How can I apply?
If you’re passionate about travel, have a demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion, and have ideas about how TPG can be a more inclusive brand, we want to hear from you. Fill out this Google form by Jan. 31, 2021, to be considered. (Note: Panelists will need to qualify as independent contractors to be eligible for selection.)
At both TPG and Red Ventures, our parent company, our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work.
The future of travel is inclusivity, and we want you to join us on that journey to grow and evolve — whether that means coming along as an advisor or a reader. Stay tuned to meet our panelists.
Photo by Basic Elements Photography / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees