This Disneyland Meal Costs $15,000
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The happiest meal on Earth may also be the most expensive. For just a cool $15,000, Disney fanatics can enjoy a luxurious meal at Disneyland’s 21 Royal. In addition to the seven-course dinner and wine pairing for twelve (which comes out to a magical $1,250 per person), the price also includes admission with back stage access and valet service to the park.
21 Royal is discreetly tucked above the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in New Orleans Square. An easily passable staircase leads up to the suite, which was originally designed for Walt Disney himself, but was not completed before his death in 1966. The two-bedroom suite, which does not currently allow overnight stays, features lavish decor inspired by the Empire style made popular in 19th century New Orleans. The dining room has one large twelve-person table, for a completely private dining experience for all those lucky (and wealthy) enough to be involved. The rooms have subtle hints of Disney flare, with the famous hidden Mickeys scattered throughout.
Guests are greeted by fancy butlers with signature cocktails in the salon and then are invited out to the patio for a casual reception. The dining experience follows, and is surely made for those channeling their inner Disney prince or princess. The grand table is set with white linens, fresh flowers and a set of gold-plated dinnerware and fine crystal. “By combining these ingredients with skillful techniques and time-honored traditions, then matching them with the perfect pairings from the extensive 21 Royal wine collection, your culinary team creates a symphony of innovative dishes that are dazzling in both flavor and appearance culminating in an epicurean experience that is uniquely Disney.”
The Royal 21 team orchestrates a dinner filled with fascinating Disney tales and prepares a custom menu that is “uniquely yours”. A recent Yelp review of Royal 21 included a photo of that evening’s menu, which featured a seared Japanese Kobe beef with avocado and citrus, and imported white asparagus with Spanish ham and Meyer lemon bubbles. The evening is finished off with dessert on the private balcony that has a perfect view of the spectacular Fantasmic show.
If you find the price tag too high but still want a VIP experience, consider this $3,000 private Universal Studios tour that looks downright budget-friendly in comparison.
Featured image by Disney.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees