This Company Will Pay For Your First Passport So You Can Take That Dream Trip
No one said traveling was cheap. When planning a trip, unexpected expenses add up quickly: vaccinations, additional taxes and fees, transportation and even travel documents. For travelers who need to get their first passport, that expense alone costs $145 (on Monday, April 2, the fee for first time passport applicants increased from $25 to $35).
Enter travel company Contiki. It’s offering to cover the cost of a new passport for first-time international travelers. To be eligible, you must fall between the ages 18-35 and must book a trip through Contiki’s website to either Europe, Latin America, Canada, Asia, Australia or New Zealand. Once you book your trip through Contiki, the company will credit your trip in the amount of $145. Individuals are responsible for everything including payment to obtain their free passport, and they must ensure that applications are submitted at least 46 days prior to international travel.
Contiki is designed for millennial travelers and offers hundreds of pre-planned trips from a “European Discovery Trip” to “Cambodia and Laos Uncovered.” In a statement to Elite Daily, Adam Cooper, President of Contiki, said: “We think by instituting this ongoing passport policy, we will help eliminate barriers for young, first-time travelers, and encourage them to travel further and more often.” The free passport policy is also a permanent offer from Contiki. The hope is that it will encourage millennials to travel all year long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.