This Company Will Pay For Your First Passport So You Can Take That Dream Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No one said traveling was cheap. When planning a trip, unexpected expenses add up quickly: vaccinations, additional taxes and fees, transportation and even travel documents. For travelers who need to get their first passport, that expense alone costs $145 (on Monday, April 2, the fee for first time passport applicants increased from $25 to $35).
Enter travel company Contiki. It’s offering to cover the cost of a new passport for first-time international travelers. To be eligible, you must fall between the ages 18-35 and must book a trip through Contiki’s website to either Europe, Latin America, Canada, Asia, Australia or New Zealand. Once you book your trip through Contiki, the company will credit your trip in the amount of $145. Individuals are responsible for everything including payment to obtain their free passport, and they must ensure that applications are submitted at least 46 days prior to international travel.
Contiki is designed for millennial travelers and offers hundreds of pre-planned trips from a “European Discovery Trip” to “Cambodia and Laos Uncovered.” In a statement to Elite Daily, Adam Cooper, President of Contiki, said: “We think by instituting this ongoing passport policy, we will help eliminate barriers for young, first-time travelers, and encourage them to travel further and more often.” The free passport policy is also a permanent offer from Contiki. The hope is that it will encourage millennials to travel all year long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees