This Company Will Pay For Your First Passport So You Can Take That Dream Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No one said traveling was cheap. When planning a trip, unexpected expenses add up quickly: vaccinations, additional taxes and fees, transportation and even travel documents. For travelers who need to get their first passport, that expense alone costs $145 (on Monday, April 2, the fee for first time passport applicants increased from $25 to $35).
Enter travel company Contiki. It’s offering to cover the cost of a new passport for first-time international travelers. To be eligible, you must fall between the ages 18-35 and must book a trip through Contiki’s website to either Europe, Latin America, Canada, Asia, Australia or New Zealand. Once you book your trip through Contiki, the company will credit your trip in the amount of $145. Individuals are responsible for everything including payment to obtain their free passport, and they must ensure that applications are submitted at least 46 days prior to international travel.
Contiki is designed for millennial travelers and offers hundreds of pre-planned trips from a “European Discovery Trip” to “Cambodia and Laos Uncovered.” In a statement to Elite Daily, Adam Cooper, President of Contiki, said: “We think by instituting this ongoing passport policy, we will help eliminate barriers for young, first-time travelers, and encourage them to travel further and more often.” The free passport policy is also a permanent offer from Contiki. The hope is that it will encourage millennials to travel all year long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.