This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No one said traveling was cheap. When planning a trip, unexpected expenses add up quickly: vaccinations, additional taxes and fees, transportation and even travel documents. For travelers who need to get their first passport, that expense alone costs $145 (on Monday, April 2, the fee for first time passport applicants increased from $25 to $35).
Enter travel company Contiki. It’s offering to cover the cost of a new passport for first-time international travelers. To be eligible, you must fall between the ages 18-35 and must book a trip through Contiki’s website to either Europe, Latin America, Canada, Asia, Australia or New Zealand. Once you book your trip through Contiki, the company will credit your trip in the amount of $145. Individuals are responsible for everything including payment to obtain their free passport, and they must ensure that applications are submitted at least 46 days prior to international travel.
Contiki is designed for millennial travelers and offers hundreds of pre-planned trips from a “European Discovery Trip” to “Cambodia and Laos Uncovered.” In a statement to Elite Daily, Adam Cooper, President of Contiki, said: “We think by instituting this ongoing passport policy, we will help eliminate barriers for young, first-time travelers, and encourage them to travel further and more often.” The free passport policy is also a permanent offer from Contiki. The hope is that it will encourage millennials to travel all year long.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards