These Tourists Needed a Picture So Badly, They Scaled a Dangerous Cliff
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Police had to intervene with tourists in England who scaled the edge of a narrow cliff all for the sake of a cool Instagram post…we assume. The unreliable landform at Seaford Head in East Sussex stands 200 feet tall and is known for its chalky cliffs that are prone to collapses.
So, common sense would say that it is not fit for humans.
Nonetheless, one woman climbed to the edge for a picture –and even had her legs hanging off the edge of the cliff, pictured below.
“I’ve seen that cliff crumble before, and I’ve seen way too many people [stand] at the edge,” Wayne Spring, who lives nearby and witnessed the dangerous photo op, said. The fall would definitely be a dangerous one and would most likely lead to death, considering the height and sharp rocks that lie beneath.
The cliff is not blocked off in order to protect the authenticity of the rock. “I don’t want the natural environment to be spoiled by a few idiots, but if a fence stops them then so be it,” Spring added.
This is not the first time we’ve seen tourists being less than intelligent (or safe, for that matter). Just a couple months ago, TPG reported on a drunk tourist mistakenly climbing the Alps instead of retiring to his hotel room.
Featured image courtesy of Wayne Spring/SWNS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees