These Tourists Needed a Picture So Badly, They Scaled a Dangerous Cliff
Police had to intervene with tourists in England who scaled the edge of a narrow cliff all for the sake of a cool Instagram post…we assume. The unreliable landform at Seaford Head in East Sussex stands 200 feet tall and is known for its chalky cliffs that are prone to collapses.
So, common sense would say that it is not fit for humans.
Nonetheless, one woman climbed to the edge for a picture –and even had her legs hanging off the edge of the cliff, pictured below.
“I’ve seen that cliff crumble before, and I’ve seen way too many people [stand] at the edge,” Wayne Spring, who lives nearby and witnessed the dangerous photo op, said. The fall would definitely be a dangerous one and would most likely lead to death, considering the height and sharp rocks that lie beneath.
The cliff is not blocked off in order to protect the authenticity of the rock. “I don’t want the natural environment to be spoiled by a few idiots, but if a fence stops them then so be it,” Spring added.
This is not the first time we’ve seen tourists being less than intelligent (or safe, for that matter). Just a couple months ago, TPG reported on a drunk tourist mistakenly climbing the Alps instead of retiring to his hotel room.
Featured image courtesy of Wayne Spring/SWNS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.