These Cities Had the Most Bed Bug Infestations in 2018
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The holidays around the corner, and that means we’re about to enter peak travel-time in the US. With plane tickets, booking accommodations, family and friends — the last thing you want to worry about is if your hotel is infested with bed bugs. Luckily, Terminix (one of the largest pest control companies in the world) has compiled a list of the most bug-infested cities across the US. If you want (to try) to protect yourself from these creepy crawlers on your next vacation, it might be best to avoid these cities. Or, perhaps, proceed with caution.
With 300 branches across the country, Terminix identified 25 cities where residents needed the highest number of bed-bug control services.
Terminix looked at data across 300 of its branches throughout the US between Oct. 2017 and Sept. 2018. From this, the company was able to identify the top 25 cities that had to contact bed-bug control services this year. Take a look:
Topping the list is Cleveland, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Indianapolis and Cincinnati. It’s no surprise that the bed bugs are consistently found all throughout the country, as they are known “hitchhikers” and can cling on to suitcases, clothes, and even find their way aboard airplanes. Just yesterday a woman moved forward with a lawsuit against the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim for renting her a parasite infested room, and Orlando isn’t even on the list.
If you find yourself struggling to avoid these pesky mites, look no further. Here is our guide to avoiding bed bugs. Sleep tight!
Featured image by dblight via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees