The Wait Is Over: You Can Now Book the Waldorf Astoria Maldives
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re headed to the Maldives you now can book yourself in at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Itaafushi for stays starting July 1. Prices however aren’t for the faint of heart.
The cheapest accommodation is the King Beach Villa with pool. Rates per night are showing $1,833, plus taxes and fees. So what do you get for that kind of cash? 2,500 square feet with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer views of the ocean, your private deck and of course easy access to your pool.
If having to walk over the beach is too far to access the ocean you can upgrade to the King Overwater Villa. It still comes with your own pool, but will have you sleeping over the crystal clear ocean waters. You get a bit of an upgrade in square footage as well at just over 3,000 square feet.
If that still seems a bit cramped, go ahead and upgrade to the Ithaafushi Private Island for a staggering $46,833 per night. For that you will get access to a three bedroom villa as well as a two bedroom overwater villa and five pools all on your own private sandy island.
If you were hoping to book with points, you’re going to need a hefty account balance. There aren’t currently any award options, other than using the cash and points option, where a stay would cost you 655,000 points if you choose to pay with only points. Even that option isn’t bookable online, so you will still need to call Waldorf to book.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image by Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.