The Wait Is Over: You Can Now Book the Waldorf Astoria Maldives
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re headed to the Maldives you now can book yourself in at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Itaafushi for stays starting July 1. Prices however aren’t for the faint of heart.
The cheapest accommodation is the King Beach Villa with pool. Rates per night are showing $1,833, plus taxes and fees. So what do you get for that kind of cash? 2,500 square feet with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer views of the ocean, your private deck and of course easy access to your pool.
If having to walk over the beach is too far to access the ocean you can upgrade to the King Overwater Villa. It still comes with your own pool, but will have you sleeping over the crystal clear ocean waters. You get a bit of an upgrade in square footage as well at just over 3,000 square feet.
If that still seems a bit cramped, go ahead and upgrade to the Ithaafushi Private Island for a staggering $46,833 per night. For that you will get access to a three bedroom villa as well as a two bedroom overwater villa and five pools all on your own private sandy island.
If you were hoping to book with points, you’re going to need a hefty account balance. There aren’t currently any award options, other than using the cash and points option, where a stay would cost you 655,000 points if you choose to pay with only points. Even that option isn’t bookable online, so you will still need to call Waldorf to book.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image by Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees