The Wait Is Over: You Can Now Book the Waldorf Astoria Maldives
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re headed to the Maldives you now can book yourself in at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Itaafushi for stays starting July 1. Prices however aren’t for the faint of heart.
The cheapest accommodation is the King Beach Villa with pool. Rates per night are showing $1,833, plus taxes and fees. So what do you get for that kind of cash? 2,500 square feet with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer views of the ocean, your private deck and of course easy access to your pool.
If having to walk over the beach is too far to access the ocean you can upgrade to the King Overwater Villa. It still comes with your own pool, but will have you sleeping over the crystal clear ocean waters. You get a bit of an upgrade in square footage as well at just over 3,000 square feet.
If that still seems a bit cramped, go ahead and upgrade to the Ithaafushi Private Island for a staggering $46,833 per night. For that you will get access to a three bedroom villa as well as a two bedroom overwater villa and five pools all on your own private sandy island.
If you were hoping to book with points, you’re going to need a hefty account balance. There aren’t currently any award options, other than using the cash and points option, where a stay would cost you 655,000 points if you choose to pay with only points. Even that option isn’t bookable online, so you will still need to call Waldorf to book.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured Image by Hilton
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees