The Top 10 Hiking Trails and Campgrounds in the US, According to Google
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether you love the outdoors or would rather watch Planet Earth at home on your couch than go camping, there is no denying a hike along some of the most famous trails in the US can be one of the most rewarding experiences. In fact, not only does spending more time outdoors and exploring new places upkeep your physical health, it can also boost your productivity and problem-solving skills.
As the 50th anniversary of the National Trail System Act and the Wild Scenic Rivers Act rolls around, Google pulled together the top 10 trending trails and campgrounds in the US in 2018. The National Trails System Act was established in 1968 and calls for establishing trails in both rural and urban areas for people of all ages, interests, skills and physical abilities. The act promotes greater public access and establishes four classes of trails: national scenic trails, national historic trails, national recreation trails and side and connecting trails.
The top 10 list of trails and campgrounds feature places from all over the US. Whether road tripping around the states to check out some of these is more your style or flying out to Arizona to see the rock arches is on your bucket list, these are trails perfect for a solo trip or with friends and family. And, even though you can’t earn loyalty points by staying at a national campground, camping is one of the best ways to get the full hiking experience.
Here are Google’s top 10 trending trails and campgrounds in the US.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.