The Top 10 Hiking Trails and Campgrounds in the US, According to Google
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether you love the outdoors or would rather watch Planet Earth at home on your couch than go camping, there is no denying a hike along some of the most famous trails in the US can be one of the most rewarding experiences. In fact, not only does spending more time outdoors and exploring new places upkeep your physical health, it can also boost your productivity and problem-solving skills.
As the 50th anniversary of the National Trail System Act and the Wild Scenic Rivers Act rolls around, Google pulled together the top 10 trending trails and campgrounds in the US in 2018. The National Trails System Act was established in 1968 and calls for establishing trails in both rural and urban areas for people of all ages, interests, skills and physical abilities. The act promotes greater public access and establishes four classes of trails: national scenic trails, national historic trails, national recreation trails and side and connecting trails.
The top 10 list of trails and campgrounds feature places from all over the US. Whether road tripping around the states to check out some of these is more your style or flying out to Arizona to see the rock arches is on your bucket list, these are trails perfect for a solo trip or with friends and family. And, even though you can’t earn loyalty points by staying at a national campground, camping is one of the best ways to get the full hiking experience.
Here are Google’s top 10 trending trails and campgrounds in the US.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees