Book a Boozy Train Ride to Tequila, Mexico
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All aboard, tequila lovers! We’ve got an attraction for you. A ticket on the Jose Cuervo Express® train will bring you to or from Tequila, Mexico, where you can take a tour at a historic tequila distillery. Did we mention that a Premium Plus ticket includes an open bar?
The excursion, now a few years old, provides a luxury ride through the blue agave landscape from Guadalajara to Tequila and vice versa. On the way, riders in Premium Plus class will be able to indulge in seasonal fruit, Mexican snacks and, yes, all the tequila your heart desires.
The Premium Plus train experience prides itself on its upscale atmosphere, equipped with “spacious tables, gleaming mirrors, leather upholstery and seats of polished wood,” according to the Mundo Cuervo website. Essentially, it’s the perfect environment to catch a buzz while taking in the beautiful scenery.
Also included in the fare is an entire day’s worth of activities — seriously, like 11 hours worth of tequila consumption. With the fare, you’ll experience an agave harvesting demonstration, a professional tasting guided by a “Maestro Tequilero,” a tour of the 250-year-old distillery and cellar, a Mexican show and a classical toast with premium tequila.
There are two other ticket classes: Express and Premium. They include most of the activities included in the Premium Plus price, just without the open bar and versatile seating options. The Express experience also provides fare options for children ages six to 17.
If you’re ready to get liquored up, one-way tickets start at around $130 per piece for the Premium Plus experience, around $120 for the Premium experience and around $110 for the Express experience.
Featured image by Jose Cuervo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.