TAP Air Portugal Launches Big US Expansion With New Routes, New Planes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
June is shaping up to be a month of firsts for TAP Air Portugal as the airline expands its presence in the United States. On June 1, the airline will deploy its first Airbus A321-LR on its existing route between Newark (EWR) and Porto (OPO).
On the same day, TAP will also launch service from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), flying to its hub in Lisbon (LIS). TAP will use its new Airbus A330neo jets on the route, marking the first time that the A330neo has been put into regular service from Chicago. TAP was the launch customer of the new A330neo.
On June 10, TAP will debut service from San Francisco (SFO), also serving the route with its A330neo jets. Like from Chicago, TAP says it will be the first regular A330neo service to SFO. If that wasn’t enough, the airline will launch service on June 16 between Washington Dulles (IAD) and Lisbon. Chicago, San Francisco and Washington Dulles are all new routes for the airline.
The new services coincide with the airline reaching the century mark for number of aircraft in its fleet. The number seems likely to keep growing as the airline has another 71 new aircraft set to be delivered by 2025.
All of these new routes mean more options for travelers. In an interesting note, if you’re looking to fly on one of the new Airbus “neo” aircraft, TAP is the only airline in the world to operate all versions of Airbus’ latest neo planes.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.