TAP Air Portugal Launches Big US Expansion With New Routes, New Planes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
June is shaping up to be a month of firsts for TAP Air Portugal as the airline expands its presence in the United States. On June 1, the airline will deploy its first Airbus A321-LR on its existing route between Newark (EWR) and Porto (OPO).
On the same day, TAP will also launch service from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), flying to its hub in Lisbon (LIS). TAP will use its new Airbus A330neo jets on the route, marking the first time that the A330neo has been put into regular service from Chicago. TAP was the launch customer of the new A330neo.
On June 10, TAP will debut service from San Francisco (SFO), also serving the route with its A330neo jets. Like from Chicago, TAP says it will be the first regular A330neo service to SFO. If that wasn’t enough, the airline will launch service on June 16 between Washington Dulles (IAD) and Lisbon. Chicago, San Francisco and Washington Dulles are all new routes for the airline.
The new services coincide with the airline reaching the century mark for number of aircraft in its fleet. The number seems likely to keep growing as the airline has another 71 new aircraft set to be delivered by 2025.
All of these new routes mean more options for travelers. In an interesting note, if you’re looking to fly on one of the new Airbus “neo” aircraft, TAP is the only airline in the world to operate all versions of Airbus’ latest neo planes.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees