This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
June is shaping up to be a month of firsts for TAP Air Portugal as the airline expands its presence in the United States. On June 1, the airline will deploy its first Airbus A321-LR on its existing route between Newark (EWR) and Porto (OPO).
On the same day, TAP will also launch service from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), flying to its hub in Lisbon (LIS). TAP will use its new Airbus A330neo jets on the route, marking the first time that the A330neo has been put into regular service from Chicago. TAP was the launch customer of the new A330neo.
On June 10, TAP will debut service from San Francisco (SFO), also serving the route with its A330neo jets. Like from Chicago, TAP says it will be the first regular A330neo service to SFO. If that wasn’t enough, the airline will launch service on June 16 between Washington Dulles (IAD) and Lisbon. Chicago, San Francisco and Washington Dulles are all new routes for the airline.
The new services coincide with the airline reaching the century mark for number of aircraft in its fleet. The number seems likely to keep growing as the airline has another 71 new aircraft set to be delivered by 2025.
All of these new routes mean more options for travelers. In an interesting note, if you’re looking to fly on one of the new Airbus “neo” aircraft, TAP is the only airline in the world to operate all versions of Airbus’ latest neo planes.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Airbus
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees