Take a Look at Royal Jordanian’s Camel Cargo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying with pets has been a hot topic in 2018. From a dog who died in an overhead bin to airlines updating their emotional support animal polices (no peacocks allowed), pet travel doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
So, it’s a welcome relief to see some good news when it comes to animals on airplanes. Earlier on Wednesday, Royal Jordanian airlines tweeted a picture of their camel cargo.
In the (now-deleted) tweet, Royal Jordanian shared images of camels getting loaded onto one of their cargo planes with a final destination of Queen Alia International Airport (AMM). TPG reached out to the airlines to see why they were being transported, and if they will stay in Jordan permanently, but a representative for the airline did not immediately respond.
Perhaps the camels are on their way to Jordan’s camel beauty pageant like the one held in Saudi Arabia. Hopefully, the camels on this flight didn’t received any Botox injections like their counterparts in Saudi Arabia did, disqualifying them from the competition.
This isn’t the first time large animals have flown in the cargo of airliners — remember Disney’s Operation Dumbo Drop? There’s a plane that flies racehorses around the world and is oh-so appropriately called Air Horse One. Instead of seats, there are stalls and instead of carpet, there is hay. We are truly living in the golden age of (pet) travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees