Take a Look at Royal Jordanian’s Camel Cargo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying with pets has been a hot topic in 2018. From a dog who died in an overhead bin to airlines updating their emotional support animal polices (no peacocks allowed), pet travel doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
So, it’s a welcome relief to see some good news when it comes to animals on airplanes. Earlier on Wednesday, Royal Jordanian airlines tweeted a picture of their camel cargo.
In the (now-deleted) tweet, Royal Jordanian shared images of camels getting loaded onto one of their cargo planes with a final destination of Queen Alia International Airport (AMM). TPG reached out to the airlines to see why they were being transported, and if they will stay in Jordan permanently, but a representative for the airline did not immediately respond.
Perhaps the camels are on their way to Jordan’s camel beauty pageant like the one held in Saudi Arabia. Hopefully, the camels on this flight didn’t received any Botox injections like their counterparts in Saudi Arabia did, disqualifying them from the competition.
This isn’t the first time large animals have flown in the cargo of airliners — remember Disney’s Operation Dumbo Drop? There’s a plane that flies racehorses around the world and is oh-so appropriately called Air Horse One. Instead of seats, there are stalls and instead of carpet, there is hay. We are truly living in the golden age of (pet) travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.