Sun Country Now Up to 13 Nonstop Destinations From Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are two new ways to get to Las Vegas thanks to new routes announced by budget carrier Sun Country Airlines.
Sun Country has announced two seasonal routes to the gambling and entertainment mecca from Los Angeles (LAX) and Phoenix (PHX). The routes launch Sept. 5 and will operate through Sun Country’s winter schedule.
“We’re excited to offer more low-cost service options for those looking to visit Las Vegas and local residents looking to book a vacation,” Grant Whitney, Sun Country’s Chief Revenue Officer, said in a statement. “We’ve seen great success with service to and from McCarran International Airport and are thrilled to offer customers these new flights to Los Angeles and Phoenix.”
Including the two new Las Vegas options, Sun Country says it has added a total of nine new routes to its Las Vegas schedule for this year.
Sun Country’s other new Las Vegas routes include: Anchorage, Alaska (ANC); Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD); Redmond, Oregon (RDM); Providence, Rhode Island (PVD); Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PVR); St. Louis (STL) and San Antonio (SAT).
In total, Sun Country now offers either seasonal or year-round service to 13 destinations from Las Vegas. Its other Las Vegas routes include Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW); Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP); Portland, Oregon (PDX); and Santa Rosa/Sonoma County, California (STS).
The expansion in Las Vegas comes amid a broader network shake-up for Minnesota-based Sun Country, which is in the process of switching from a niche low-cost carrier into a full-scale ultra low-cost operation.
For most of the past decade, most of the airline’s flights had operated to or from its MSP or from a much smaller, more-seasonal base at DFW.
But beginning last summer, Sun Country began adding numerous new routes beyond its traditional home base. The airline now offers a mix of point-to-point routes from cities like Austin, Texas (AUS); Las Vegas; Nashville, Tennessee (BNA); Portland (PDX) and San Francisco (SFO).
Sun Country says it now now operates a total of 87 seasonal and year-round routes across 51 airports.
Featured image Daniel Slim, AFP/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.