Sun Country Now Up to 13 Nonstop Destinations From Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are two new ways to get to Las Vegas thanks to new routes announced by budget carrier Sun Country Airlines.
Sun Country has announced two seasonal routes to the gambling and entertainment mecca from Los Angeles (LAX) and Phoenix (PHX). The routes launch Sept. 5 and will operate through Sun Country’s winter schedule.
“We’re excited to offer more low-cost service options for those looking to visit Las Vegas and local residents looking to book a vacation,” Grant Whitney, Sun Country’s Chief Revenue Officer, said in a statement. “We’ve seen great success with service to and from McCarran International Airport and are thrilled to offer customers these new flights to Los Angeles and Phoenix.”
Including the two new Las Vegas options, Sun Country says it has added a total of nine new routes to its Las Vegas schedule for this year.
Sun Country’s other new Las Vegas routes include: Anchorage, Alaska (ANC); Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD); Redmond, Oregon (RDM); Providence, Rhode Island (PVD); Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PVR); St. Louis (STL) and San Antonio (SAT).
In total, Sun Country now offers either seasonal or year-round service to 13 destinations from Las Vegas. Its other Las Vegas routes include Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW); Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP); Portland, Oregon (PDX); and Santa Rosa/Sonoma County, California (STS).
The expansion in Las Vegas comes amid a broader network shake-up for Minnesota-based Sun Country, which is in the process of switching from a niche low-cost carrier into a full-scale ultra low-cost operation.
For most of the past decade, most of the airline’s flights had operated to or from its MSP or from a much smaller, more-seasonal base at DFW.
But beginning last summer, Sun Country began adding numerous new routes beyond its traditional home base. The airline now offers a mix of point-to-point routes from cities like Austin, Texas (AUS); Las Vegas; Nashville, Tennessee (BNA); Portland (PDX) and San Francisco (SFO).
Sun Country says it now now operates a total of 87 seasonal and year-round routes across 51 airports.
Featured image Daniel Slim, AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees